Late teens early 20's Delco dual distributor information needed

alsfarms

I have a couple of the late teens - early 20's Delco dual distributors that I would like to spruce up to operational status.  Does anyone here have any original service manuals that will cover this type unit.  A second thought, does Dykes or Audels have valuable information about the Delco dual units.  Would the Detroit Lib. or the AACA lib. have relevant information?  I do know that Pierce-Arrow used this system on both cars and trucks and others also.  Guide and direct me if you can.

Al

I can give you the Pierce-Arrow information.

1919-1920 Series 31 & 51:  Used Delco dist #5202 & 5216.  Point gap: 0.020-0.025  (I'd set new points to 0.24 to allow for rubbing block wear, about 0.021-022 for used points,  Breaker arm spring tension = 16-20 oz

1921 Series 32, 1922-23 Series 33:  Delco dist #5216.  Point gap 0.020-0.025.  Breaker arm spring tension = 16-20 oz.

1924-26 Series 33 and 1927-28 Series 36:  Delco dist #5265.  Point gap 0.020-0.025.  Breaker arm spring tension = 13-16 oz.

You'll find detailed timing info (needs to be on an engine) in the Pierce-Arrow Society publication "Wiring and Tune-Up Guide, 1913-1938," if you have it.

If you need advance data, I can tell you that. too, but to save my typing fingers, please tell me your distributor numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hanskirp, I also lack a few of the screw on high tension lead holders for my 4 cylinder unit.  If I run across a source for them, I will pass along the information.  Do you have a Pierce-Arrow for your 5216 unit?  I am also looking for Delco rotors, like you show.

Al

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:16 AM, hanskirp said:

hello both of you,

i am trying to find 2 brown distributor caps with the screw in wire holders and a so called brush type rotor for a delco 5216 set up .

are you able to help me out ????

20160206_153752.jpg

Tough rotor to find.  I have been looking for a spare for my truck for a while and not a lot of them around.  Be sure if you find one to look at the underside to be sure the size of the distributor shaft hole is the correct size for what you are looking for.  There are a couple of different sizes that look similar.