Dorman RB 576-360 Fuel Tank Information

Dashmaster

My old tank was worse than I thought so I decided to try purchasing another tank. The Dorman was ordered thru Rock Auto. The packaging was unreal. Based on the packaging I think if you need a tank the Dorman is less likely to show up damaged. Here are pictures of the tank and packaging material. Tank was installed this weekend so now I do not have any rust in the fuel system. The Dorman came painted Gray not black as shown on Rock Auto. The amount of brown paper used in the packing must have been almost 400 feet, and brand new boxes used for front and back protection and  main box had double cardboard around all edges.Very well packaged.

DSCF8738.JPG

DSCF8739.JPG

DSCF8733.JPG

DSCF8732.JPG

DSCF8728.JPG

DSCF8729.JPG

DSCF8730.JPG

DSCF8731.JPG

DSCF8734.JPG

DSCF8734.JPG

• Like 2

$144.98 plus shipping. Cost about 30 more then the spectra I ordered from the Reatta Store/Amazon, but It was worth it. The spectra tank is coated in an oily sticky clear coating that would need to be cleaned off before it could be painted and the packing it just a one layer box. Both Tanks can in the Factory Boxes.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=971600&cc=1019898&jsn=397&jsn=397

For anyone that is not aware,  Our Reatta shares gas tanks with Riviera, Toronado, Eldorado and Seville of similar vintage.

Around my area, the Cadillacs are common in the Pick-n-pull yards and because of our climate, they are usually in good condition.

While the gas tanks are the same, the pump/gage assembly that goes into the tank seems to be different on all the cars, even the Reatta coupe and convertible had different sending unit assemblies.........to clarify, the part that goes inside the tank is the same but GM changed the lines on the  outside of the tank. 

• Like 2