Reatta cup holder

There are often questions about cup holders for our Reattas.......while getting ready for Allentown,  I found a cup holder that I probably purchased at Goodwill and I used it in my '39 Buick...wondering if it might work in the Reatta, the picture answers the question.

In this picture it can be clamped on the passanger side of the console or flipped and clamped on the drivers side.  You must have the ashtray cover open and I have the metal ashtray out.

As you can see the yellow knob turns a screw that clamps it.   For long term use, I might cut a piece of cloth or plastic to protect the console outer trim but the 3 weeks I had it installed did not make a mark on the plastic.

The name is BRICA... and a search shows the Target has them for $8.99,  the device name is "Brica Deluxe snack pod, stroller drink & snack holder"

DSCN0320.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

• Like 2
3 hours ago, waltmail said:

Noticed in the 1st pic a different, to me, gear selector display. Is that factory or custom? My '89 looks nothing like your display.

That's because the 1990/91 Reattas have a different dash and console...

• Like 1

Before Allentown I found something at Canadian Tire that is sort of a wedge that fits between the seat and console. It isn't great for all sizes of cups but it works better than what was there before. 

Not wanting to start anything, but I wouldn't put anything liquid over my console. There is the shift indicator and then radio, CRT Controller, etc. I use the marine cup holders and mount them on the passenger side of the console. It is not that long a reach and they are adjustable to fit all cups. The nice thing is they are screwed in place and fold up out of the way. I bought the black ones.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

That is an idea that would have worked in my "wild youth" days. We used to do what we called "drink driving". Buy a 12 pack of beer and drive around at nights listening to Pink Floyd. That was just to get started, then we would go to the bars or places with bands and finish the night off. 

• Like 1