Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy's Auto Shop

'I spent all my money on Women and Motorcycles'

'And I BLEW the rest'.

This was a tag-line for my recently departed Step-Dad --the guy who traded a supercharged Miata for a Huyabusa, then traded the 'Busa for a more sensible Ducati...

I don't know where I'm going with this thread, so you all can chime in at your leisure.  

I guess I'm wondering if we need to start a Support Group or develop a 12 Step Program for those of us who have 'the sickness'.

• Like 1

I just have a hard and fast rule: No more cars than garage doors. Of course I keep adding doors.

• Like 1

I, on the other hand, have 5 cars and 4 doors so when I want to drive #5 I have to move one of the others.

My solution to that aggravation is to sell one....... :D

I have 2 doors and one car. The other door has a parts trailer in front and the space behind is mostly filled with good and bad stuff.It's hard to get rid of either

When most people build a garage for their toys, it is usually one car too small.

Thank heavens for rental spaces.

Sounds like a George Best quote (Northern Irish footballer formerly of Manchester United):

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol... it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."

"I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World..."

Edited by zdillinger (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Grumpy's Auto Shop said:

I guess I'm wondering if we need to start a Support Group or develop a 12 Step Program for those of us who have 'the sickness'.

This Forum is the "support group" and there is no cure.  The 12 step program is to check the Fourm twice a day 6 days a week

Non car people always looked at me as bit of a nut when I told them my every day driver cars sat outside despite having four garage doors.  The really good cars and motorcycles were enjoying those select spots.  Never regretted owning them as opposed to putting the money in the bank and hoping I would get 0.005% interest on it.  

Terry

• Like 1

"Nothing in moderation. Do it until you make yourself sick"...........Ernie Kovacs

10 doors (6 more in the near future, but losing three). And two 50' deep car ports.(one for the motor home).

If I start counting the tractor (and implements), motorcycles, quads, boats and race cars I need a few more.

I hate to have to move one car to drive another. It is often suggested to get more lifts. I see those for cars that don't run and will NEVER get worked on.

I tell my wife that cars only go in the garage if they need work.

The things I buy are highly desirable when I buy them and there is little or no interest when I sell them.

• Like 1

One door, 3 cars currently and room for at least one or two more without overcrowding, it is good to collect small cars. All every day cars outside or sometimes under a carport if they are lucky. My only rule is all collectables have to fit inside or in an enclosed trailer.

Our regular "real" vehicles have never been in a garage.

My collector cars never stand outside........ :P

I try and keep everything nice inside.

I have a 95 Ford pick up that still looks new as it RARELY is out over night since new. Same with my Dakota.

I have a few parts cars and my trailers that are being cured as we converse.

Eight cars, four garage spots.  Two get rotated out of a rental barn and the two new cars sit outside year round.  As is only fair, I scrape snow and ice off my lovely bride's car, which is more than a fair trade for her giving up her garage spot for my stuff.  I have to move cars to get two out.  Man, I need to move to the country.

Nine cars and three garage doors, with a couple more cars back home. Eventually she'll warm up to my tiny garage addition idea so she can have a stall for a little while......