1929 Cadillac Parts

Need the following parts for a 1929 Cadillac Touring car, Fisher body.

2 outside door handles

1 fender light base

rear license plate holder(behind tail lamp)

Crank hole cover

Bar between head lights  V8

Plain radiator cap.

Reproduction parts Ok

Thanks John Kelso 717-485-four-three 44

• 7 months later...

Hi Doctor Mike ! How are you ? Is your '29 running well again ? I am struggling to be able to drive my '27 back from 'Vegas soon. MY problems , certainly not due to any fault of that tough old survivor ! 

John , did you find all the parts you need ? Capt. Wayne Ellsworth has a vast inventory of Cad parts of your vintage. You may reach him at   yachtflame@yahoo.com   although it is cruising season in the Carribean , and Wayne does charter sailing until May. See if he can help you.

Tired , old  - Carl

image.jpeg

P.M. sent to O.P.

Mike , with your carb off and the Cad laid up , this may be the perfect time to deal with the problem of too much heat being dumped to the intake/carb. I have written quite a bit about this , as have others over decades. I have posted data and distillation curves re: fuel volatility, and lack thereof , pre , during , and post '20s gasoline. I don't know how current you are on this issue. We have not talked in some time , so perhaps a clarification phone call would be productive at this point. I hate writing redundant copy where I am "Preaching to the choir". You are particularly welcome to call me at ANY time. I might be up still , I might be taking the prescribed geriatric nap. Give it a try when convenient for you. You might even get me first try ! You will not disturb me , as I don't often sleep with my phone. With your hospital responsibilities , and large family , better you call me when you have a bit of time. You know I worship Doctors. They saved my life yet again just over two months ago. I feel a lot better now than I have in quite some time. Best number these days is 408-621-8261. The other still serves , but does not sound as good. I suppose I should get another phone for that number. 

Painting ? Man are you lucky you have wire wheels ! I don't know if you have seen the pic of the "Running wheels" I had made for the long trip. I am editing to insert some bragging : we all know how pics usually flatter things automotive. The reverse is true here. Can you see that the same dark color shown on the spokes is repeated between the double lines on the hubs and felloes ? Talk about painting ! This is hand done to exactly duplicate the pattern and colors on the original wheels (not often seen) , which are being preserved intact. We all know how dirty wheels get as the thousands of miles roll by !  Who is doing the rebuild on your Carb ?  - Carl

P.S. : If you have not done so yet , I recommend sending that Sylphon thermostat out to Jim Otto in Knoxville, TN. Working radiator shutters are crowd pleasers , and functional.

P.P.S. : Very good idea to pick up an open '29 Cad to go with the closed one ! Summer Car - Winter Car thing. Like my '24 and '27 Cads. Maybe a doctor in the '20s would have had such a stable. Weren't they still making house calls back then ?   - CC

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Bragging (see edit history)