Moparfest in Canada

vonblood

Well barring unseen circumstances, I will be traveling to New Hamburg, ON. on Friday for the Moparfest. Has anyone ever gone, or better yet anyone going this year? Two days, around 1600 cars, and best of all... all Mopars. Had my TC detailed and she looks better then ever. Debate in the house is, hardtop or soft?

13 hours ago, vonblood said:

Well barring unseen circumstances, I will be traveling to New Hamburg, ON. on Friday for the Moparfest. Has anyone ever gone, or better yet anyone going this year? Two days, around 1600 cars, and best of all... all Mopars. Had my TC detailed and she looks better then ever. Debate in the house is, hardtop or soft?

I would say the hardtop unless you are use to rain showers as you drive and can get the soft top quickly. Living where you do, I suspect you are use to this procedure. Btw, I am not attending.

• Like 1

I like both answers, so to Canada hardtop, like the look for displaying. When I return to Michigan going to run in the Old 27 Motor Tour the length of Michigan, DeWitt to Cheboygan leg, 3 days, 12 towns, 250 miles..... a good time for the top down. Send me good mechanical karma. I'll post some pics when I get home.

http://old27tour.com/itinerary.php

2 hours ago, vonblood said:

I like both answers, so to Canada hardtop, like the look for displaying. When I return to Michigan going to run in the Old 27 Motor Tour the length of Michigan, DeWitt to Cheboygan leg, 3 days, 12 towns, 250 miles..... a good time for the top down. Send me good mechanical karma. I'll post some pics when I get home.

http://old27tour.com/itinerary.php

That looks like a 'Fun Run', would be "cool" if we had something like that in our area, but not while it is 110 to 123 degrees F. 

All the best to you on the run, I'll follow you using the schedule.

Hemi-Dude.

• Like 1

Guest Bob Barrow

Vonblood, are you going to be there Sat. & Sun.? I have a TC here in Windsor ont., Across from Detroit & am considering to driving  up on Sunday & will try to hook up with you. I will not be showing my car. I am trying to get to know TC owners in the area. I know there is one in London & one in Hamilton. Let me know what your plans are.   Bob Barrow

Vonblood and Bob Barrow

I am planning to go to Moparfest on Saturday. I will take my car ( 1990 16 valve / red and ginger ) but will not be showing it. I am in Hamilton Ont. only about a 1 hour drive for me but I cannot make it on Sunday (previous plans ) Hope to meet up with you. Weather forecast for Sat. is hot and sunny 31 degrees Celsius.

Jim Bird

Bob and Jim

I plan on being there both days. Never been before, to both Moparfest and Canada. Will be the longest trip I've taken in the TC. Has me pretty anxious and excited at the same time. Looks like there is a ton to see. If we're not by the car, my son and I can be identified by our new TC t-shirts. Hope to see you.

Hemi

I know your TC runs great. You should plan a trip some year. Its like a mini route 66 tour. Helps to fund some road work and the business in the town we stop at. And is certainly not as hot. Although us northern Michiganders complain if it gets over 77 degrees in August. ?

Guest Bob Barrow

Jim Bird, & Vonblood, I like Jim, will only be able to be there one day,Sunday. I have previous comittments for Sat. I hope to meet up with Vonblood on Sunday.   Bob Barrow 

Great show. Close to 1500 Mopar cars there. Met up with Scott and his son around 9:00 am on Sat. Scott has a really nice white TC. He did end up putting the hard top on and did drive through quite a bit of rain coming from Michigan.

We had a great day but it was HOT but no rain. There were actually three TCs there. A local gentleman had a nice royal cabernet/ginger (Chrysler turbo automatic) which he had for sale at $12500 $CDN. May take some time to sell at that price.

This is the largest Mopar event in Canada and is always the 3rd weekend in Aug. Would highly recommend the 2017 event for anyone within reasonable driving distance.

Jim

Hi All,

Great time at the show! Was so awesome to meet both Jim and Bob. First TC club members I've met in the flesh..... both class acts, as you would expect from TC owners. ?    As Jim said above, soooo many beautiful cars, but so little time to see them all. Camera was having issues first day so I lost my pic of our cars sitting together (Jim), you didn't happen to take any that day? How cool we happened in at the same time and got to park together. Appreciated the knowledge you both shared, seeing all the extra bits you had (Bob), was super cool. Sorry I missed you both before you left, my son and I were running around like kids in a candy store. Overall I think we represented our cars well, white hardtop 3.0, red top down 16v, white soft top up 3.0. And the cabernet turbo rounded it off.......Soooo all we need is 10 cars and we can club park next year ?.

Headed back to Michigan, switch son for wife and went on to the Old US 27 Motor Tour. 4 days of cruising from south end of Michigan to the north tip. All and all 1408 miles and she ran like a dream.

Till next time, blessings to all - ScottOld 27 Motor Tour 10th year 2016.jpg