Very faintly glowing amp light--1963 Riviera

Adambravo

I don't drive my '63 at night a lot, but I just noticed last week that, at night (but not visible during the day), the AMP light in my dash is glowing ever so faintly. Doesn't seem to vary based on vehicle speed or lights on/lights off. Haven't noticed any other anomalies or issues. I do have a friend that will run some electrical tests this week. Wondering if I need to disconnect the batter when parked until I can get this seriously looked at, and/or might this be something I can address as an amateur...

All input welcome. Thanks in advance...

My car was doing this and it was a corroded connection at the votage regulator plug......try unplugging the voltage regulator,

spray wd 40 on the plug terminals, then plug and unplug the connector about 6 times and see if that helps.

As long as the light is not on with the key off you should be fine to leave it connected.  The light only gets power from the key built in test or the brown wire on your regulator . See if you have voltage there if you do your regulator might be going bad.  

The fact you see no change based off rpm I believe you just have residual voltage going thu the regulator to the brown wire.  Check the ground on your regulator on the fender well.  Is it tight and good contact

Edited by alini (see edit history)