WTB Chrysler C7 1936 Hub Caps

Guest Jens Soderholm

I think this is what they look like.

The famous Airflows of 1934 through 1936 sported steel spoke wheels.  They came with a very distinctive art-deco script on the center cap which reads "Chrysler" and was on all 1934 through 1936 Imperials, though sometimes it was painted and sometimes it was not.  As many may know, Chrysler created 2 Imperial body styles in 1935 and 1936, the Airflow and the Airstream.  The two cars carried different wheels.  The picture at the top shows the Airflow wheels and on the bottom, the Airstream option, which was usually painted coordinating body colors.

342.jpg

351.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Actually that's not the correct cap.  I can't seem to find a picture of one on the web.  It has black Chrysler letters with a ribbed pattern in them and nothing else on the cap.  If i can find a photo I'll post it.  I don't have my C7 airstream convertible anymore otherwise I would just go out to the garage and shoot a picture. 

23 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Actually that's not the correct cap.  I can't seem to find a picture of one on the web.  It has black Chrysler letters with a ribbed pattern in them and nothing else on the cap.  If i can find a photo I'll post it.  I don't have my C7 airstream convertible anymore otherwise I would just go out to the garage and shoot a picture. 

Thanks for the correction, eyes saw 37. Thanks.

countrytraveler,

The pics you posted of the green Airflow have a good close up of the right front hub cap. Wouldn't the stamped Chrysler lettering originally have been painted black?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...