14 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

That's my hotrod... but it's not Buick so....

Anything goes!  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:14 PM, avgwarhawk said:

Well, everyone needs a hearse in their barn. LOL 

Exit strategy for aging out of the hobby?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

So I had to redo my septic drain field recently. In digging up the yard the wire to the shop got uncovered. I asked everyone a THOUSAND times if they'd hit the wire and all answered no...  Now its all buried and its rained 3 days suddenly one leg of power to my shop is dead!  There are not enough explicatives in ANY language .....

• Sad 2

Soooo knick this insulation, burn a hole in the wire...20191129_145249.thumb.jpg.4a2abfe0ab7c009f48b7699b4f9e6c7a.jpg

Spliced a new chunk in using underground splice kits and I have power again!

I cut a line running from the house to the well once while planting a large root ball tree and used an underground splice kit. Lasted about 3 years. Ended up trenching and laying another, this time in conduit with a nylon string accompanying the wire. Hopefully your splice was done better than mine.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I just did a short yard plug away from the house.  Absolutely put it in the gray plastic conduit.  I only want to dig the trench once.

7 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

I just did a short yard plug away from the house.  Absolutely put it in the gray plastic conduit.  I only want to dig the trench once.

Well this has already been the the trench a couple years now. I don't know what you mean "short yard plug" this is 2-2-2-4 service entrance cable, not sure I can fit that in a plug. 

2 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Well this has already been the the trench a couple years now. I don't know what you mean "short yard plug" this is 2-2-2-4 service entrance cable, not sure I can fit that in a plug. 

I needed a plug out in the yard to plug in stuff. Christmas lights, etc.. I put it in a flower bed.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So almost a year later... Cleaning the garage. Damn I'm messy!

20200302_192942.jpg

Mine looks much the same.  Don't feel bad.  It's because you are always in a rush to get to the next project like me.  Not that we don't like a clean garage, there is just more important tasks to get done.

One good thing with cleaning, I always find tools I have been looking for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DD2D9D97-0CF5-48B7-AF21-70F99077E32A.thumb.jpeg.82d9c835545874e3e77a3cf5514a0a2e.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6