I think my Brother went 24 by 24 with his and really regrets not going the 27 as with a bench in the back and a stairway he has trouble fitting a 69 Ranchero and his f150 regular cab long bed in it.   Doesn't leave him with much room to actually work.   Dad and I tried to tell him to go just that little bit bigger. 

I went huge so I have plenty of space,  I just didn't realize how much more everything costs and how much more time it takes to finish each phase.  Seems I never have both the time and money at the same time to get much done. 

2 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

.  Seems I never have both the time and money at the same time to get much done. 

I know that feeling

And my current building is 25 long and if I pull the hearse or the truck in, I have almost zero room.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

No blocks.  No specs. Just a cheap internet building. If they didn't already have my deposit, I woulda cancelled it all as our government is walloping me with the tax bills, not done paying last year yet (Stay tuned as something will have to be for sale soon).  When I recover I may put gravel tracks under the eaves along with a gravel driveway to the building.

I had the same experience. I was going to put a simple storage building with no electricity, no water, no heat, no nothing and the local government wanted to TRIPLE my taxes.  I said that it would not happen and I did not build the building.  Instead I just bought some 40' shipping containers to keep the vehicles in.  No tax consequences.  I still have my small 20x30 building to work in.  No change in taxes.

• Like 3

Our taxes went up with my building but hopefully not by too much.   Atleast they haven't so far, but I do see an adjustment in overall value of what I put down for the cost of the building. 

The only problem with storage containers is if you have anything nice they can sweat especially with the temp swings we have been having from -15 to 45 in 2 days with 6 inches of rain. 

Storage containers wouldn't look to good up here at the house either.

The wife also had to like what I was doing and she was not exactly happy about the garage I'm building,  but is a little less agitated since I located it buried somewhat out of site and what I'm building has a little style. 

With the way the weather has been this winter though,  I'm about ready to sell and move somewhere south.  Your neck of the woods is starting to look pretty darn attractive. 

I can run my internet business from just about any place the USPS delivers. 

IMG_7546.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

On 2/7/2019 at 9:56 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

And my current building is 25 long and if I pull the hearse or the truck in, I have almost zero room.

But the lil 2 dr cdan should fit nicely 😁🤞🙏

• Like 1

I'll trade you weather.  I just got rolling on my siding again today,  but we are suppose to get 12 to 16 inches of snow so there goes my momentum.  A couple of days to get everything cleaned up,  then the roof that just bared up so I don't have to work under the eves dripping will have to melt all over again.  At barely 32 for a high,  they don't melt fast enough to really clean them off for several weeks.  Takes a good warm up to do that. 

• Sad 1