Cool shop! And with one of the most important tools of a shop peering out from behind the pole... A good friend... 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

It's been a fairly dry fall and winter here but now it's steady rained two days straight....Water rolled across my lot, right over the slab into the shop ???? so today, we filled my truck with gravel and installed a drain, dug by hand 1.5ft down, 2ft wide, all along the front of the shop, also dug  a 2ft deep by 2ft wide  ditch about 10ft up- grade to slow some of the water.... urge! Im beat!20170102_145119.jpg

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I don't see no ditch! :rolleyes::lol:

Is that a new truck I see?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

I don't see no ditch! :rolleyes::lol:

Is that a new truck I see?

Can't see the ditch from that angle, yes that's my new truck being broken in, about cried when the loader dumped that bucket into the bed!

• Like 1

I thought bed liners are always thrown into the deal these days. I made the dealer throw one in the last time I bought a new truck...in 1993.

• Like 1

I have the spray in liner in my truck and it is far superior to any bed liner that I have ever had.  I would highly recommend getting it installed asap.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2017 at 7:08 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

about cried when the loader dumped that bucket into the bed!

So was it like the commercial do you have holes in your aluminum!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 38Buick 80C said:

So was it like the commercial do you have holes in your aluminum!

nope, no holes! Not even any dents and I hand shoveled the gravel out with a metal spade.  That commercial was well engineered!

• Like 2

After work Monday and Tuesday I dug the trench for power to the shop. Hard to see in pics.  100ft long, will be 24" deep20170123_173722.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like you already have 120v. Are you wanting 240V?  I know, you've got a cool AC on your mind.

That's some serious work; now don't go cheatin' on that depth ?.

Joel

• Like 1

No A/C....  I'm fine in the elements.  I need 240 for my compressor and welder.  currently the 120v you see comes from several orange extension cords... HA HA HA!  I have all LED lighting so my draw for that is only 8 amps with all lights on.   Due to the distance, I have to turn the lights off and use my headlamp when using power tools.... :-(  So I will have 90 amps and 240 when all is done.  When it's done, the lighting will be moved to the inverter, powered by a bank of eight 12v batteries on a solar charger. (I like getting light from light) I have a backup switch to move the lights back to 120 when/ if needed.  While tempting to cheat on the depth, since I've already knicked two different 120v lines put in by the previous owner for lights and pool filter, etc (at about 6-8") I will be putting this wire in as correctly as I can.

Run as many amps as you can, at minimum 100,   for possible welder and air compressor use at the same time. You got running water out there? May want to check your code (or not)  but around the farm I have been known to run electrical at 24 and water at 12 in the same ditch. Water pump installers do it all the time.

So it's technically a 100 amp service, but since I am right at the max distance for the cable to carry 100 amps, I'm putting a 90amp main on it.   I could go buy different cable at over triple the price, can't do that.  I won't be running water out there, at least no time soon.  The building is already full to the gills.    If I ran the compressor, welder, lights, and a few other things I still won't kick 90 amps. 

Tha's COOL!!!!

• Like 2

"Peek-a-Boo!"

image.jpeg.cf96dd059789c4ec6e62dd11a4a07

• Like 2

? sorry to hear. When the ground gets saturated over a few days my old barn can get some water coming into the man door but luckily it just sort of migrates on out the double door. 

Didnt have time to work on the car this weekend, got the new controller in for the stop light for the shop....

• Like 2

BUICK BUDS GARAGE

tha's cool Matt?

• Like 1

Finally getting the grading ✅ no more water in my little old pole barn? Of course a nosey old goat was helping.

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

• Like 3