Why is it?

DAVES89

That the guys who give most of the advice list their cars [on their signature lines] and the ones who come here [and Ronnie's forum] that ask for advice don't list their cars on their signature lines even when they are asked repeatedly to do so? It has been explained many times that while the Reattas look the same for all 4 years they are not the same. Some of these posts get long and may also be revived at a later date by someone [doing a search] who may have a similar issue but because they may have a different year could or could not have the same problem?

Right now there are several people asking for help. They have been asked to do the signature lines but have yet to do so. One thinks it is OK to just list it in the body of his request for help but has to know that help on a 026 code can go a long time before it is resolved. 

I know I am getting tired of it and can't be the only one who thinks this way.

• Like 1

No offense taken as I know that no one is going to do a search on how to do signature lines.

If the people we are talking about won't do it when asked directly why would they look for instructions? I think it would be better if/when someone signed up they have to list their car. BTW I am not the only one who thinks this way. There is a moderator [Mr Earl] who has been trying to have this happen, but has been mostly ignored as well. 

Dave, I feel you frustration. I use to keep a short canned speech handy on my computer asking new members to add information about their car to their signature line. It also gave instructions on how to do it. All I had to do was copy and paste it into my post. I quit dong that because a lot of times the member would basically tell me to mind my own business. Seems like I get told that a lot and it's really starting to get old. :)

I too have always felt that there were a few things one must be made aware of prior to posting on most any site.

Here it would be, as mentioned above, providing the owners car info. and the ability to perform a search. One would not be able to post until he (she) has shown proficiency of the search function. I don't know how this would be done but I'm sure there is a way.

John F.