1949 chrysler royal woodie for sale

The so called experts on aaca should ask how they can help--"What part are you looking for?"  ""can I tell u a good place to get tires"  "do u need help with the engine'

Do u need some carpentry tools   -------------  say good constructive things not destructive.  Thanks again george

18 minutes ago, gregchrysler said:

The so called experts on aaca should ask how they can help--"What part are you looking for?"  ""can I tell u a good place to get tires"  "do u need help with the engine'

Do u need some carpentry tools   -------------  say good constructive things not destructive.  Thanks again george

Some of us would if you weren't  here looking to sell the car!  The only help you asked for in any of your posts were to help set a sell price on the car.  And then you didn't like what you heard.  

Didn't aee where you asked for help finding anything, part or otherwise.

Done with this thread.

Buyer beware!

• Like 1

I thought I was offering good advice,  Especially when refinishing a car for sale.   From personal experience.

"The restoration needs to follow a high standard to result in the value the OP claims.   Materials and techniques just as those used in the original production resulting in the proper overall finish need to be strictly followed." 

Do it right or discount the price for it to be done right by the new owner.

You bought it new and drove it until the wood fell off and covered it up until you began the restoration.

Fun stuff alright, however I think I would have stayed with the original color.

Stay with it and it will bring a better price when its finished.

Speaking as someone who worked as a carpenter for many years, are you working with raw wood outside? You're going to get it to fit and it's going to shrink and move around before you can get it finished. That's the hardest thing about wooden cars, and having the wood as dry as possible when you start is critical. Am I seeing it right, you're working outdoors under a tarp? You've got to get it indoors someplace warm and dry to do the wood properly. Your doors are going to hang funny or not open at all if you do it the way the photos suggest. And that's only one issue I see.

If you're for real about this, this is a worthy car. I don't know about your ambitions, but you've gotta at least get the basics right if you want the car to bring any money at all. Doing it wrong can oftentimes be worse than doing nothing at all...

• Like 2

gregchrysler;

At best, your car is a work in progress and is not yet ready for sale.  If sold in its present state, your car would bring only pennies on the dollar, and I believe that's why some folks initially thought that you were trolling.  I think that you should have posted on one of the other forums for advice/comment during the restoration process.  There are eight Chrysler-related forums on the AACA site.

Where are you located?

Good luck,

Grog

Edited by capngrog
added a sentence (see edit history)

You really need a band saw and a belt sander at minimum.  A Joiner and shaper or at least router are also real pluses.  If you cut it real close but leave just a little meat you can accomplish the final shape with the belt sander and coarse grit paper.  

You also want all your grain patterns to match the way they had them originally as far as direction they are laid in.  I worked in a wooden boat shop for a few years as well as had my own carpentry business , Specializing in finish work and cabinetry as well as log work.  Time and patience along with the right tools will yield great results.

I pulled the entire transom off a 1936 Dodge Watercar and rebuilt the rib structure in the back then put a new transom on it in my driveway. (I'll post photos when I get back home) The only good part is with boats moisture swells up the joints.  With cars they are generally kept in dry storage so any wood work you do will mean the wood needs to be acclimated to a dry state.  That's harder to do outside. 

• Like 1