Lets talk about 348 409 stuff-1958 to 1965

31 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

Spent my evening tweaking on some old OEM caps. A miller may have been harmed during the process. A huge thank you to @bwbugayfor the caps!! There’s truly some great folks on this forum! 

F7CA3889-B43B-4A0A-B00E-149899413921.jpeg

I was at Bruce's house a few months ago picking up a 1932 transmission for a friend of mine in NY on my way back from Florida. Those 61 62 caps always split on the corners, the metal is real thin there.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, John348 said:

I was at Bruce's house a few months ago picking up a 1932 transmission for a friend of mine in NY on my way back from Florida. Those 61 62 caps always split on the corners, the metal is real thin there.

Bruce is a super nice guy. I went there for a rear center section and got caps as a bonus! Always great to meet someone that exceeds expectations 

17 hours ago, John348 said:

That wagon is pretty much junk

16 hours ago, BobinVirginia said:

Being a younger guy in the X-frame hobby. It’s always nice to see one that’s still salvageable. It’s rough but there. It’s definitely not top shelf. I don’t know all the details. 

Guy was doing a full restore. Lost track of him when I went on the road doing a job. Here is the engine. 

1962 Chev 409 Wagon (46).jpg

1962 Chev 409 Wagon (59).jpg

1962 Chev 409 Wagon (62).jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...