wind shield moter

47clubcoup

Mike:

Someone in the past put an aftermarket 6 volt vacuum booster on my firewall, pretty ugly but seemed to work.  Might check if the vacuum tank in the right front fender is there, or if it might have a leak.  If the tank holds vacuum, and the hoses aren't cracked and leaking, your original vacuum motor should work, unless it too has a leak or worn parts.  Should also be able to find a replacement if necessary.

Abe

• 3 months later...

I adapted a ford 6 volt electric wiper motor to my Lincoln years ago, works pretty good but doesn't have a park feature, the new ones have been reworked and should be a lot better, I can't remember the name of the company but it a large antique Ford dealer.

it was pretty much a bolt in piece too.

just had to modify the original vacuum wiper switch to work with the new electric switch, nobody has been able to tell so far.

The lubricant in your wiper motor has probably dried out and there is probably wear on the paddle. Your motor can be rebuilt to give you good wipers again.

Until then, it will continue to act like a economy reminder, drive like you have an egg tied to the top of the accelerator pedal.