TxBuicks

2017 Buick Club of America National Meet Brookfield, WI July 5-8

Thanks, Brian.  And thanks for giving Michelle credit.  I am the guy up front, but she works hard, too. We are a team.

I didn't get the rock joke, so it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

To answer an earlier question, yes, the meet is being held at or just adjacent to the host hotel.

Also, to those who have never attended a BCA national meet: Just because the Registration Desk is open certain hours during the meet, including Saturday morning, does NOT mean you can show up on that day, expect to register for the meet, and register a car for judging! It doesn't work that way. If you want to show a car and get it judged (no matter what type or class of judging), you have to register in advance of the meet! The purpose of the Registration Desk's hours at the meet is to allow members to pick up their registration packets, with event tickets, windshield cards for your registered show car, judging forms, etc., all of which have been prepared in advance of the meet.

The registration deadline is June 23. PERIOD! After that date, decisions will be made as to judging class size, which classes to split based on how many are registered in each class, how many judging teams are needed, how many awards to order, how many forms to get copied, how to lay out the show field parking lot, etc., etc.  Any cars trying to register for judging after June 23 will foul up the planning, so if it's up to me, as meet head judge, I will not accommodate late-comers. The national meet chairman can over-rule me, but if I am asked to accept additional cars to be judged after June 23, my answer will be NO. You've only had 11 previous months, with full-page ads in the Bugle every month since last August, to remind you to get your car registered. So do it now, please.

Pete Phillips

2017 Meet Head Judge (not meat-head judge!)

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Pete,

Well stated.  Hope everyone is aware of this.  I like the part about meat-head.

John

• Like 1

I made my reservation late this year trying to decide if Nancy would be going. She is not so I will be on my own, I also do not have a hotel room. If anyone has a room at the Sheraton and would like to share the room, let me know.

I plan on being there Tuesday thru Sunday.

If anyone is planning on canceling their room at the Sheraton, let me know.

Has there been a provision made for trailer parking?

Trailer parking will be in the Sears parking lot, which is just across the driveway that comes into the hotel. There is room for probably 75 trailers, all in walking distance.  It is an ideal location.

• Like 2

The latest tally, as of 05-25-17:

Number of Registrations: 257, almost 500 people registered

Number of Vendors: 29 vendors, taking up 51 vendor spots

Number of cars: 192 (85 formally judged, 34 Display, 27 Archival, 20 Modified, 26 Driven)

With a month to go, I expect at least 100 more registrations.  Buick members are procrastinators when it comes to registering for National events.

• Like 2

Count me as 1 of those as I'm still not sure my car is trustworthy enough yet to drive but... still wish to attend and want to register.

I tried the On Line form and coming from Canada I'm having a problem with the address section. It will allow me to choose the Country but when trying the Province it only has US State options and therefore will not allow the process to complete.

Short of mailing it at this late date, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Doug 

not that we're  procrastinators we have to get permission to get off work. i finally got my vacation oked then sent in my reg.. im trying to get permission to get the following sat off to go to Columbus Arthritis show but was denied,i work for a car dealership and they;re hard to get weekends off esp for when i want to go to a car show  

On 5/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, dei said:

Count me as 1 of those as I'm still not sure my car is trustworthy enough yet to drive but... still wish to attend and want to register.

I tried the On Line form and coming from Canada I'm having a problem with the address section. It will allow me to choose the Country but when trying the Province it only has US State options and therefore will not allow the process to complete.

Short of mailing it at this late date, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Doug 

email your registration form in to Roy at the email on the registration form and then mail the check (if not paying by CC)...and just to be clear as I am now an out to pasture past pres with no capacities within the club whatsoever ;) I don't speak on official behalf of the club or the meet I am just speculating this is a solution.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I've essentially done that in the past and phoned Roy with a credit card number (email is not secure for information like that). 

I'm having the issue, I live in Canada, and just tried the online registration, and just like Doug said, it will not accept it, even though there is the full list of countries to choose from.

Keith

24 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

I'm having the issue, I live in Canada, and just tried the online registration, and just like Doug said, it will not accept it, even though there is the full list of countries to choose from.

Keith

Keith,

I suggest you call Roy at 1-214-354-1348. You might get his voice mail but leave your contact information and he will call you back. He took the time this morning to say he would call late this evening or next as he was out of town and register me over the phone as the software (on-line) isn't working just right for us Canadians. He mentioned to me that another Canadian was having issues too. Would that be you by chance?

With snail mail what it is I don't want it to be any later getting confirmation.

Good luck and hope to see you there!

Yes, we are having problems with the online registration form for anyone with a non-US address.  If you are one having problems, call me at 214-354-1348 and I will get you registered.  I have notified the web form designer about the situation.  I apologize for any inconvenience that has caused.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if spectators are allowed on the show field and in the swap meet?

Yes, it is a public place.  Spectators have always been welcome at the Buick Nationals free of charge.  You will see a lot of people wandering around the show field on Saturday when the cars are all parked in their spots for judging.

6 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

Yes, it is a public place.  Spectators have always been welcome at the Buick Nationals free of charge.  You will see a lot of people wandering around the show field on Saturday when the cars are all parked in their spots for judging.

I hope to count myself among the number "wandering around the show field on Saturday" and getting to meet a few of you folk!

• Like 1

What a week!  I have received 90 registrations since 05/25/17.  And still almost a month left before the deadline.

# Registrations: 342

# Cars: 252 (111 Formal Judging, 41 Display, 42 Archival, 22 Modified, 36 Driven)  We have 5 Buicks over 100 years old, including 3 x 1908 Buicks.

# Vendors: 37 different vendors, occupying over 100 spots.

# People: 637 

It's going to be a great show.  There is still time to get your registration in, although you will pay an additional $15 registration fee since it is after June 1.

• Like 1

Roy,

Amazing what you can still get for $15., the late reg. fee!!  Seems like about 30%+ increase what you had about two weeks ago.

John

Yes, I am curious to see if the $15 late fee really has an impact.  I will be able to tell if the rate of registrations fall off significantly from now until the beginning of the show.  In previous years, I received a lot of registrations with a few weeks to go.  I think we can get at least 400 registrations entered by the time I leave for the show, which will make this show a pretty good sized event.

Judging should be a snap.........with the number of teams we usually have (based on the number of people at the judging breakfast)

We just did a local show with a total of 230 cars and 9 judging teams

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Please be sure and see this update posted by Peter Gariepy a few days ago. I fear it may have gotten lost within all the other pinned threads. 

• Like 1