2017 Buick Club of America National Meet Brookfield, WI July 5-8

TxBuicks

• 2 weeks later...

Got my res through the BCA link.  I'm not sure of the room location but I figure same hotel is good enough for me.  Won't be driving this year, one has engine locked up the other is in pieces.  That's all the way in pieces!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the complete schedule as it stands right now.

Tuesday, July 4th

Swap Meet Setup Noon-5pm (indoor and outdoor) Sheraton hotel

Wednesday, July 5th

Registration Open 8-5pm Sheraton Hotel Wisconsin Room 5

Swap Meet 8am-5pm (outdoor) Sheraton hotel parking lot

Swap Meet 8am-5pm (indoor) Sheraton hotel Wisconsin Rooms 1-4, 7

Photo lane open 

Hospitality Open 9-5 Milwaukee Ballroom 2

EAA-The Spirit of Aviation Museum Tour 8:30 - 3:00pm 

Harley Davidson Museum Tour and Miller Brewery Tour 8:30 - 4:00pm 

4:00 -10:00pm Car Cruise to Pewaukee, WI 

5-6pm National Meet Committee Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Thursday, July 6th 

Photo lane open 

5:00pm -??? Reatta Rendezvous (tentative-confirm w/Jim Finn and need departing)

3-4:30 pm PreWar Division Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

4:30-6pm 65 Gran Sport Division Moorland 4

7-9 pm General Membership Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Friday, July 7th

8am – Noon Board of Directors Meeting Milwaukee Ballroom 1

2-5 pm Judges Training in Milwaukee ballroom 1

5:30-6:30pm Modified Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Photo lane open 

6:00 -10:00pm Buick Heritage Alliance Gala Brookfield Ballroom

Saturday, July 8th

Registration Open 7-10am Sheraton Hotel Wisconsin Room 5

7-8:30am Judging Breakfast  Brookfield Ballroom

Swap Meet 8am-Noon (indoor) Sheraton hotel Wisconsin rooms 1-4, 7

Swap Meet 8am-3pm (outdoor) Sheraton hotel parking lot

Photo lane open

Hospitality Open 9-2 Milwaukee Ballroom 2

3:00-4:00pm Reatta Meeting Moorland 4

3:30-4:30pm Heartland Region Meeting Moorland 7

9:00 - 3:00pm Judging of beautiful BUICKS

9:00 - 2:30pm Milwaukee Art Museum Tour 

6:00 - 6:30pm Social Time with Cash Bar Brookfield Ballroom

6:30 - 10:00pm 51st Annual BCA Banquet & Awards Brookfield Ballroom

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

6:30 - 10:00pm 51st Annual BCA Banquet & Awards Brookfield Ballroom

So if I can be indulged for one second. Technically this is not the 51st Annual Banquet because BCA National meets didn't start until 1971 and they skipped a year (1974) so this year would be the 46th....the 50th meet will be in 2021 and on the current desire to go east, central, west, central, east, etc for meet locations, 2021 would be a central meet.

So the 50th national meet supposed to be in the central US...Flint is in the central US...just saying...someone should call the Buicktown chapter...Where's R.V.?

ok I've stirred the pot so back to your regularly scheduled program...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, 38Buick 80C said:

I did mine online ( was easy) I got an email confirmation...it doesn't have a number

Brian...I also registered online and I rec'd a number.  Either you're special and don't require one, or the eyes are goin' cause you're age is catching up to the rest of us!:wacko:

• Like 2

Everyone who registers will receive a confirmation letter as soon as it is entered into the computer.  It doesn't matter how you register.  If you register online, you will first get a confirmation from the website, but once we receive it, we will enter it into the computer and you will get a confirmation from us, too.  If you provided an email address with your registration, the confirmation letter will be emailed to you.  Otherwise, it will be sent by regular mail. 

• Like 1

I'm so glad your back doing registration this year Roy. You've got it down to a science, smooth as silk and I know everyone appreciates the updates you are giving the forum. I know I couldn't have done 2012 without you and Michelle.

You know I'm just teasing about the rock...I knew I'd get me confirmation # soon....

• Like 1

To answer an earlier question, yes, the meet is being held at or just adjacent to the host hotel.

Also, to those who have never attended a BCA national meet: Just because the Registration Desk is open certain hours during the meet, including Saturday morning, does NOT mean you can show up on that day, expect to register for the meet, and register a car for judging! It doesn't work that way. If you want to show a car and get it judged (no matter what type or class of judging), you have to register in advance of the meet! The purpose of the Registration Desk's hours at the meet is to allow members to pick up their registration packets, with event tickets, windshield cards for your registered show car, judging forms, etc., all of which have been prepared in advance of the meet.

The registration deadline is June 23. PERIOD! After that date, decisions will be made as to judging class size, which classes to split based on how many are registered in each class, how many judging teams are needed, how many awards to order, how many forms to get copied, how to lay out the show field parking lot, etc., etc.  Any cars trying to register for judging after June 23 will foul up the planning, so if it's up to me, as meet head judge, I will not accommodate late-comers. The national meet chairman can over-rule me, but if I am asked to accept additional cars to be judged after June 23, my answer will be NO. You've only had 11 previous months, with full-page ads in the Bugle every month since last August, to remind you to get your car registered. So do it now, please.

Pete Phillips

2017 Meet Head Judge (not meat-head judge!)

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I made my reservation late this year trying to decide if Nancy would be going. She is not so I will be on my own, I also do not have a hotel room. If anyone has a room at the Sheraton and would like to share the room, let me know.

I plan on being there Tuesday thru Sunday.

If anyone is planning on canceling their room at the Sheraton, let me know.

The latest tally, as of 05-25-17:

Number of Registrations: 257, almost 500 people registered

Number of Vendors: 29 vendors, taking up 51 vendor spots

Number of cars: 192 (85 formally judged, 34 Display, 27 Archival, 20 Modified, 26 Driven)

With a month to go, I expect at least 100 more registrations.  Buick members are procrastinators when it comes to registering for National events.

• Like 2

Count me as 1 of those as I'm still not sure my car is trustworthy enough yet to drive but... still wish to attend and want to register.

I tried the On Line form and coming from Canada I'm having a problem with the address section. It will allow me to choose the Country but when trying the Province it only has US State options and therefore will not allow the process to complete.

Short of mailing it at this late date, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Doug 

not that we're  procrastinators we have to get permission to get off work. i finally got my vacation oked then sent in my reg.. im trying to get permission to get the following sat off to go to Columbus Arthritis show but was denied,i work for a car dealership and they;re hard to get weekends off esp for when i want to go to a car show  

On 5/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, dei said:

Count me as 1 of those as I'm still not sure my car is trustworthy enough yet to drive but... still wish to attend and want to register.

I tried the On Line form and coming from Canada I'm having a problem with the address section. It will allow me to choose the Country but when trying the Province it only has US State options and therefore will not allow the process to complete.

Short of mailing it at this late date, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Doug 

email your registration form in to Roy at the email on the registration form and then mail the check (if not paying by CC)...and just to be clear as I am now an out to pasture past pres with no capacities within the club whatsoever ;) I don't speak on official behalf of the club or the meet I am just speculating this is a solution.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

I'm having the issue, I live in Canada, and just tried the online registration, and just like Doug said, it will not accept it, even though there is the full list of countries to choose from.

Keith

Keith,

I suggest you call Roy at 1-214-354-1348. You might get his voice mail but leave your contact information and he will call you back. He took the time this morning to say he would call late this evening or next as he was out of town and register me over the phone as the software (on-line) isn't working just right for us Canadians. He mentioned to me that another Canadian was having issues too. Would that be you by chance?

With snail mail what it is I don't want it to be any later getting confirmation.

Good luck and hope to see you there!

Yes, we are having problems with the online registration form for anyone with a non-US address.  If you are one having problems, call me at 214-354-1348 and I will get you registered.  I have notified the web form designer about the situation.  I apologize for any inconvenience that has caused.

• Like 1

Yes, it is a public place.  Spectators have always been welcome at the Buick Nationals free of charge.  You will see a lot of people wandering around the show field on Saturday when the cars are all parked in their spots for judging.

6 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

Yes, it is a public place.  Spectators have always been welcome at the Buick Nationals free of charge.  You will see a lot of people wandering around the show field on Saturday when the cars are all parked in their spots for judging.

I hope to count myself among the number "wandering around the show field on Saturday" and getting to meet a few of you folk!

• Like 1