2017 Buick Club of America National Meet Brookfield, WI July 5-8

TxBuicks

On 1/15/2017 at 8:45 PM, jscheib said:

You're welcome.  I suggest you join the BCA, to be able to meet some members, rather than feel like someone outside, looking in.

John

I know the BCA is friendly.  Maybe phrase it a little differently, John:

Even outsiders looking in will be made at home.  Then they'll want to join the BCA!

The friendly treatment should begin even before they join.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 7:40 AM, Brian_Heil said:

Thank you for the clear and quick response!

And interesting you knew we were brining our son, he loves to tour.  Picture of him and the wife enclosed.  Doubt he has part of the $35 to help out though.  He's always spending his allowance on treats.  Kids these days.

-1b519834cd3a9b59.jpg

A

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Wildcat1562,

You do not have to wait for an official BCA membership to fill out a registration for the upcoming National Meet.  On the form, where it asks for a membership number, just write PENDING or NEW, and register as a member.  We will double check all of the numbers with the National Office before the show begins.

Welcome to the BCA.

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

Just to fill everyone in, while the host hotel block for the discounted rate has been fulfilled, they do still have rooms open, but may be a little more expensive rate. For example, they are out of Standard Kings but upgraded Kings are available.   Also, the Sheraton still has a few standard doubles and upgraded doubles as well. They would be delighted to have our group essentially take over the hotel. 

Rates are:

Standard: $114

Deluxe: $134

Club Level: $144 (includes breakfast and evening hors de oeuvres)

I just wanted to bring everyone in the loop.

I talked to the head judge for this meet and he said you will be able to park anywhere you want up to Saturday.  However, on Saturday the cars will need to be parked according to the judging. This means that the cars judged in the formal 400 Point system, Driven class, and Display will be parked together according to the 400 point classes.  But since the Modified cars and the Archival cars are judged differently, and by different judging teams, they will be parked in their own areas. This is the same format used in previous National Meets where there has been judging. Allentown did not have formal judging, so they were able to park the cars strictly according to year. This is a judged event.

• Like 1

Thanks for being sort of the event liaison and keeping everyone "in the loop" here Roy, it for sure helps everyone, especially newcomers, know how things work at the meets and keeps us abreast of current hotel availability and event registration numbers etc. 

and I'll go ahead and say it...just so the above subject of "parking" doesn't bog this thread down, anyone wishing to comment on that subject should start or post in a thread dedicated specifically for that. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen any other comments about the dates conflicting with the Iola WI swap meet so I am guessing I am the only BCA member from MN, WI, IL,IA  and other states that goes to Iola. A few years ago little Iola was getting about 100,000 people to the swap  meet and it is still almost that large.

I set up the annual Reatta Rendezvouz at the BCA meets each year and will do so again this summer but most likely will not be attending the Rendezvous or the BCA meet for that matter.

Who in the BCA picks the dates and don't they confer with the local chapters when setting the dates?

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

JIm, I hear you about the dates conflicting with Iola.  That is unfortunate.  But at this point it is too late to change.  As far as who picked the dates, I don't know the direct answer to that for this particular meet, but I do know that the dates for any National Meet are decided upon several years in advance.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, TxBuicks said:

...As far as who picked the dates, I don't know the direct answer to that for this particular meet, but I do know that the dates for any National Meet are decided upon SEVERAL YEARS in advance...

This year will be the 45th Iola Car Show and as long as I can remember, it started on the first Thursday after the 4th of July and I would venture a guess that if that wasn't the case in the very early days (1972 +), there might have been just a couple of exceptions. It is advertised as a Thursday-Friday-Saturday event this year, July 6-7-8, and just like any other Swap Meets, most of the goodies usually 'sell for the first time'  on setup day Wednesday or early Thursday morning. Only during the late-1980s and 1990s, did I have good luck finding 1950s Buick parts and literature.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint

• Like 1

I have my room reservations but I haven't registered.I don't know what I will bring.

I know I will not be able to finish the '64 Riviera at the level I want. I really want to paint one fender on the '60 and put new carpets in. The '86 convert needs an equal amount of touch up at the surgery points. I hate to register both and only bring one. Any alternatives or anyone like to see one in person?

Batavia1.thumb.JPG.5588704f8cf88bfd3698026c4d25012d.JPG

017a.thumb.jpg.7e2d266b4981fcf37a4dbda2e30e5197.jpg

• Like 2

There is no official schedule yet on the various meetings, but I hear it will come soon.  I am the contact for volunteering, either for judging or other positions.  Just fill out the volunteer form and send it in with the registration form.  I keep track of all volunteers and pass the information along to the person in charge of judging or volunteering assignments.

18 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

There is no official schedule yet on the various meetings, but I hear it will come soon.  I am the contact for volunteering, either for judging or other positions.  Just fill out the volunteer form and send it in with the registration form.  I keep track of all volunteers and pass the information along to the person in charge of judging or volunteering assignments.

Thanks, Roy!

\

• 2 weeks later...