1951 Kaiser door sill plate wanted LEFT

Wanted:  Door sill aluminum step plate for '51 Kaiser two door.   Expect all '51-54 step plates for 2dr are same.  Must be for a two door.  I happen to have a coupe but two door sedan is same opening.   Would buy a pair.  NOS or very good used.   When I bought my car the seller didn't bother to mention this was missing.  Thanks.

!cid__0824151114b_.jpg

51 minutes ago, r1lark said:

StillOutThere, is the drivetrain stock, or modified? How 'bout some pictures of the interior for our enjoyment?

Purchased the car with a GM V6 3.8 and automatic installed but not completed.  Same for a Ford tilt column and Ford bucket seats re-trimmed.   Not a hot rod or custom - just a hobbyist upgrading the car to drive.    Interior photo.  Can't find my engine pix.

!cid__0824151115a_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wont be NOS or Good Used, instead will be newly made replacement parts from Doorsills LLC in New Jersey! 

Got a pair from them for my Packard Coupe back in 2012. Attached are some pictures from their catalog. Prices will be out of date and lead time is long(unless he has a pair on the shelf) but you'll get what you're after.

Doorsills catalog cover.jpg

Doorsills inside cover.JPG

Doorsills Keiser page.JPG

Edited by Ozstatman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

In 1951 Kaiser-Frazer decided to manufacture a business coupe and market it to salesmen and others who wanted a vehicle that wasn't a truck or station wagon, but still had some capacity to carry more than a few suitcases. 746 of them were made for the 1951 model year, the only year they were produced. A few that did not sell were sold as 1952 Virginian Business Coupes. It's not known how many were sold as 1952s.

Your car is painted code 110 - Cardinal and would have originally had a grey cloth front seat with a rubber mat covering a plywood panel in place of a rear seat bottom. A heavy cardboard panel would have been substituted for the rear seat upper. The same heavy cardboard would have been used for the rear side panels as well. Rubber floor mats were used, front and rear.

Most business coupes had standard transmissions with a few equipped with overdrive. Right now, our club only knows of one with a hydramatic transmission. The majority of the cars had a heater but many didn't have any other accessories...like a radio or clock.

All were built on the Special platform, which meant they had painted instead of upholstered dashes, no exterior lower body/door trim and no exterior door sill trim.

Currently the Kaiser-Frazer owners Club registry knows of 18 survivors, making your car rare. My advice is to drive it and take it to shows whenever possible. You'll get a lot of comments, especially when they learn it's a business coupe. Nice car!

• 2 weeks later...