reatta vice

info. needed for '25 Stutz Speedway 6

Thank you for the photo. Your engine is the same in-house STuTZ built Type 691 engine as mine. My engine number is 14489. Yours is the inly other engine I have seen with the round freeze plugs. I am not sure how many of these engine were made. My body is also a Racine body.

Have you rebuilt the engine? If so I would be interested in knowing how that all went.

Mine engine has not been rebuilt but still have good compression and oil pressure. It starts nd runs fairly well.

I am the treasurer of the STuTZ Club and always interested in our 6 cylinder cars.

Dan

Dan

Yes my dad rebuilt the engine just fitting new valves and head work.

Bruce got some valves of the same size just needed to cut new keeper groove & grind stems a small amount.

Bores were honed new rings bearings fitted ,as engine has not done many miles in its life.

This car came to NZ as a racer, with similar cars to compete at Beach races run pre war time.

Bruce Catchpole owned 6 or 7 Stutz cars over his life and was regarded as a world authority by several authors of Stutz books whom he corresponded with and visited on his trips to the US.

On 12/24/2010 at 2:07 PM, blauvelt said:

Dan,

got your msg. I am not a member of the Stutz club. WB is 120" Will get some pics of the engine.

The chassis was originally set up for 4 wheel hydraulic brakes, though now the car is just set up for brakes on the rear. Would be nice to score a set of brakes for the front.

my plan is build a touring body for it, or an earlier style roadster body, as i am kinda tall and if i built the same body as your car, i would never fit in it.

the WB on the dog is uber custom...chopped, sectioned, bobbed and channeled :eek:

attached some pics (sorry for the crummy cell pics)

post-72388-143138383736_thumb.jpg

post-72388-143138383753_thumb.jpg

post-72388-143138383768_thumb.jpg

14183917_1196433980398067_4183478232708672059_n.jpg

kmstrade

I missed your November 2018 reply.

My WB is 120".

Have you done anything more on the project?

Dan