1916-17 Buick Parts

Guest Johnny5

Guest Johnny5

Hello, my name is Johnny I live in Central Florida and I am in my late 20s.  I am a huge antique automobile enthusiast.  Anyways, I have run into a big problem with a 1916 Buick that my father owns and am in need of engine parts.  I was just throwing this out there to see if anyone on here might know of anyone that might have anything for the 1916-17 Buick 6 cylinders.  

Thanks!!

Johnny, you need to get signed up with Dean Tryon who edits the 1915 - 1918 Buick McLaughlin Newsletter.  He has been putting this newsletter out for almost 20 years.  We have people from all over the world who own and play with this era of Buick automobiles and trucks.  His email address is - DGTryon2516@gmail.com   What model of 1916 Buick do you have?  What specific engine parts are you looking for?  You also need to post some photos of your car on here - we LOVE photos!  You have found the right place with the right folks to help you.  Welcome to the forum.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

Guest Johnny5
20 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Johnny, you need to get signed up with Dean Tryon who edits the 1915 - 1918 Buick McLaughlin Newsletter.  He has been putting this newsletter out for almost 20 years.  We have people from all over the world who own and play with this era of Buick automobiles and trucks.  His email address is - DGTryon2516@gmail.com   What model of 1916 Buick do you have?  What specific engine parts are you looking for?  You also need to post some photos of your car on here - we LOVE photos!  You have found the right place with the right folks to help you.  Welcome to the forum.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

I've actually already been in contact with Dean and he didn't seem to know anyone.  I need two rocker arm bosses and one pushrod at the least.  I will make sure to get some photos up ASAP!  Thanks again.

Guest Johnny5
1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

Johnny,

There were two engine sizes in those years, so we need to know which model you have before we can help.

Oh sorry about that!  It's a D45 six cylinder I believe it's a late 1916?  I will get some photos when I get home.

Guest Johnny5

The car broke two and bent one pushrod.  It appears that three of the exhaust valves were stuck and wouldn't open.

BUICK2.png

Johnny, I forgot to add this in my previous reply - from your photo, you have a very late 1916 or very early 1917 D-45.  This is based on the style of the rocker arm posts.  The 1917

engines had oil wicks on the rocker arm pivot bushings like what is in your photo.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

If you haven't found rockers yet I might have some that came along with my 1918 E 45.  Do you need the rockers, or just the stands, or both ?There were quite a few D model parts that were included with my car when I bought it 25 years ago. The parts are in a box somewhere so it might take a few days to lay my hands on them. I have a few spare pushrods but I think they are for the 1918 E engine. Is there a difference ? I don't have a D series parts book.  In any event Terry's nos ones are probably your best bet, I recall my spare ones were showing a fair bit of wear.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)