Brass oiler fittings

Hello from Australia,<P>I am restoring a 2 Cyl. AB and I find that I am short two of the brass oiler fittings that have check valves incorporated in them. Specifically, I need an elbow (the type that screws into the top of the jug) and the one that screws into the top cover near the mag. base. Does anyone know of a source for these items?<P>Thanks in advance<P>Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Rick, Are you looking for original style parts or do you just want to add modern style check valves to get the car running? I do not know of anybody that might have any extra original parts. If your not worried about getting original parts then any 1/8 inch pipe vertical check valve would work for the engine top cover. The cylinder check valves are very short because they must miss getting hit by the valve springs. I have never seen any modern style right angle check valves this small so these your going to have to make. Good Luck with the Maxwell restoration.<P>Don Martin

Thanks for that info Don. Yes, I have resigned myself to the fact that no genie is going to make originals appear and i'm going to have to make them. Have already started hunting down various brass fittings to modify, with the right thread etc. <BR>Thanks again for your response<P>Regards<P>Rick