46 model WC battery box.

Guest Dennis46PU

Guest Dennis46PU

Does anybody have a picture of the battery box under the seat on passenger side with the cover plate removed.  On my truck somebody decided in the past the battery would do better hanging on the firewall on the drivers side.  I'm going to put it back where it belongs and need some tips on what is supposed to be there.  There is one bracket bolted to the frame, very close to the muffler that was left there.  Maybe a cherry bomb would give a little more room.  So are both brackets the same or are the angles of the bends opposite?  There must be a piece of angle I am assuming bolted to the end of these brackets. Are there tie down bolts in that piece out on the end of the bracket?  So can I assume the tie down bolts run at an angle to another angle on the top of the battery? What is the correct routing for the cables to the starter and where should the ground connect?  In advance all suggestions and help are appreciated.  Ill try and get a picture to show what I've got.  Really want to get this truck back to original in every aspect.  Edited images in.  There is a photo of the frame where a single bracket hangs. Maybe there is supposed to be an exhaust hanger that goes there?   The centers of holes are 8-3/4" on bottom flange of frame, but no hole above for bracket to bolt to frame.  It just doesn't look like there are holes for a battery tray.  In the other photo is the old battery bracket. Nothing there to secure the battery down.  Could those 2 brackets be for something on this truck?

IMG_20160718_214758.jpg

Update a day later.  Spotted a picture o line of another WC and could see signs of batttery on driver side in front of fuel tank.  Pulled floor board and. Going to work making one myself.

IMG_20160718_223741.jpg

Edited by Dennis46PU
Images (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dennis46PU

Figured it out.  It is located under the floorboard on the drivers side just in front of the gas tank which is under the seat.  I have only seen one picture of an original box, most others were fabricated.  I discovered that one picture after I fabricated a box, which turned out good, the brackets are on the outside of the frame with supports from the top down to the bottom on the inside of the frame.  Thiis gave me plenty of access room to the brake line and wiring if needed.