Carbide Generator

Jim Dix

Looking for the pieces to make the car complete. It came without a carbide generator for the headlights. Merle tells me it should be a "Westchester" or a "Maxwell". I've not seen either, so I don't know what I'm looking for. Anyone have a picture they can post or a good verbal discription? Maybe an original ad that has a good picture?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Jim

Does your car have step plates or running boards? The step plate cars commonly used a Westchester nos. 5 or 6 for bolting to the frame, while the running board models used the Westchester nos. 2 or 3 for bolting to the board. Let me know and I'll send you a picture of what you are looking for.

I have a scan of the page describing the Westchester generators along with a physical description of both styles. I will send it if I can find a way to attach it to this message. Otherwise, send me an e-mail at twrcars@winternet.com and I will send you a copy. If you are really interested I took a photo today of the installation on my Maxwell and would send that too when I get it developed. No digital cam yet!!