Vacuum Advance Steel Line

Beemon

I've been looking all over for this size of tubing and the associated brass compression fittings and I can't find them anywhere locally. Other than using nipple fittings and rubber hosing, what have others done to replace this line? Mine still pulls vacuum, but it's rusty and bent up in several places and I'm just trying to pretty up the engine compartment.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I should clarify I know that it's the same size of pipe that is used for the oil sending unit, or roughly, so I could substitute copper for steel, but the fittings are amiss.

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

A competent auto supply house should have "Weatherhead" fittings.  The counterman should know offhand the fittings you need or if his memory is not good he could look in his catalogue.

2 hours ago, Tinindian said:

A competent auto supply house should have "Weatherhead" fittings.  The counterman should know offhand the fittings you need or if his memory is not good he could look in his catalogue.

I've been there, they don't make these compression fittings anymore, and if they do, no one can find them.

I think you should be looking for a 3/16" brass ferule if the original fitting wasn't a flare. Weatherhead stocks should include them.On a Buick have the counter guy search ferule cat for the Wildcat parts.

You might have to go to a hardware store.

Bernie