WTB 1935 Terraplane Coupe Trunk Handle

Make:   Terraplane

Model   Special G Coupe

Year     1935

I have misplaced my trunk handle for my coupe and would like to buy a replacement so I can complete the restoration.  If you have one you don't need please send me an email with your asking price and pics.  Email at5cobra@yahoo.ca

Thanks

Doug

Hi , Doug , I have found difficult handles from Rich , Thehandleman@comcast.net who asks that pics from several angles be sent. I don't know if you have tried him yet , or if you can supply pics. Perhaps even a close resemblance ? Good luck. -  Carl

I see '34-35 Terraplane and Hudson (same) trunk handles on ebay about every other week it seems.   Rumble handle is also same of course.  You should have no trouble finding.   Come visit us Terraplane owners on "Terraplane SEVEN" on Facebook some time.   My '34 T conv. coupe attached.

DSCN2446.JPG

Edited by StillOutThere
add pic (see edit history)

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎10 at 3:48 PM, C Carl said:

Hi , Doug , I have found difficult handles from Rich , Thehandleman@comcast.net who asks that pics from several angles be sent. I don't know if you have tried him yet , or if you can supply pics. Perhaps even a close resemblance ? Good luck. -  Carl

Thanks Carl,  I will check my digital files for the pictures I took when I had the trunk handle chromed and send them to the handle man. 

Regards,

Doug

21 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

I see '34-35 Terraplane and Hudson (same) trunk handles on ebay about every other week it seems.   Rumble handle is also same of course.  You should have no trouble finding.   Come visit us Terraplane owners on "Terraplane SEVEN" on Facebook some time.   My '34 T conv. coupe attached.

DSCN2446.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks RoushGT.  Hudson did not keep production records other than serial number start /end and prewar nothing about body style.   We know of about 12-15 true US built '34 Terraplane converts today on the planet that are still Terraplanes and not moved over on to 8 cylinder Hudson chassis to maximize their value.   Come visit us owners over at "Terraplane SEVEN" page on Facebook as any car we know of for sale gets posted.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 10:04 AM, StillOutThere said:

DSCN2446.JPG

Stilloutthere,

You were absolutely correct in telling me to watch ebay listings for my trunk handle I need.  I got the one that listed last week for the posted selling price of $40 us$ which will do me fine until I find my misplaced re-chromed one.  This must be my lucky month as I have 3 first place awards in the last 3 shows and won the bid for the missing trunk handle.

Regards,

Doug

Edited by ROUSHGT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here  is a pic of my friends 1934 Terraplane Coupe that he parked 14 years ago in his barn.  I finally convinced him to get it out and do some " Terraplaneing " with me as time is marching on.  After prepping the motor for start up with a new fuel pump, fresh gas, and some Hudsonite , it started right up. 

Enjoy

Doug

34TP.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/10/2016 at 6:39 AM, ROUSHGT said:

I have misplaced my trunk handle for my coupe and would like to buy a replacement so I can complete the restoration.

I always wonder why folks post for wanted items but do not add photos. Loose parts rarely have identification tags.

36 minutes ago, dep5 said:

I always wonder why folks post for wanted items but do not add photos. Loose parts rarely have identification tags.

dep5

Here is the pic of the one I purchased on ebay......feel free to use it when looking through your inventory of loose parts!

34-35terraplane.jpg

• Like 1