WTD: 1961-1962 Olds Full Size Gas Door Guard

2 hours ago, Oldsfan said:

I thought you bought one of those on eBay...

it was incorrect even though the print on the package said 61-62 Olds 88, didn't fit the opening.  I compared pictures to the Olds on and the correct one (pictured above) has a longer top edge.   The search continues...  Karl Sup is going to keep his eyes open at the Nats for them as well as for door edge guards...  

Edited by Hurst_Olds_1968 (see edit history)
7 hours ago, GARY F said:

do you belong to an Olds club, if so they should help.  i belong to the Pontiac/ oakland club and i find ,parts, services, etc..

Absolutely...    I have a couple friends keeping their eyes open for the parts I need at the Olds Nationals this week!   :)

Edited by Hurst_Olds_1968
left out a word duh. (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I spoke with this guy, Hollywood Hank is his name, he is a used car saleman.  He called me I told him I was interested in the gas door guard.   He asked me how much I would pay I told him $45 as long as it wasn't dented.   He says ok, I have 1 guy supposedly coming to look at the car over the weekend, if he doesn't take it I will let you know.   Last Monday I sent him a message asking if it sold, he has the guy never showed up.  I asked again about the guard, he says, I decided not to remove the part....  I explained that it was not a factory part but dealer installed, he still declined.....      sigh, the search continues...

Thanks Dave! 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, D Yaros said:

Congrats!  It has been more than a bit of effort, has it not?  Where and how much?

Thanls Dave...   it took some time, but I had a feeling that a friend of mine who has a 62 Starfire convertible might have had one.  He did and it was already trimmed to fit the Starfire.  He lives 2.5 miles from my house.  I was hoping to bump into him at the local cruise night... we kept missing each other.  He works all different shifts, so I didn't want to call him.  

I hadn't considered it would have to be trimmed to fit around the Starfire upper body trim. Anyway, glad you found it, looks good and will give you some protection from gas nozzles.

Now if we could just protect our cars from this stuff that flows THRU the gas nozzles...

8 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I hadn't considered it would have to be trimmed to fit around the Starfire upper body trim. Anyway, glad you found it, looks good and will give you some protection from gas nozzles.

Now if we could just protect our cars from this stuff that flows THRU the gas nozzles...

I agree....   I use Lucas Ethanol Treatment.... whether it does anything or not I have no clue!!!