1996 LT-1 Vette engine?

smithbrother

In 1996 I purchased a new crate LT-1 engine from GM.  It's a Vette LT-1 Engine with fuel lines on the right.  It's installed in my 1941 Buick Limited.

The  engine has run on Mobil I 10w 30 oil from day one.  It has 26,000 miles.  The Gage's are Dakota digital.  Yesterday I took it for a drive, it had been sitting approx. a year, but started every week or so.  Oil gage yesterday jumped all around.  At same 2500 RPM it would show 35 lbs, then drop to 25, then up to 30, etc.. At idle 550 RPM it even showed zero.  I guess I should hook up a different gauge and see what it shows.

I'm changing the oil and filter today, but wonder if anyone has comments?  The engine run/sounds great, engine temps never get above 205, even in stopped traffic on a 90 degree day.

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

Oil has/is at full mark.  I have found that the wire to the sensor seems to be loose in the terminal that is held by a nut on the sensor, it won't pull out with a tub, but seems loose  Probably not the issue, but needs to be checked.

I will strip that, and install a new connector, I have also E-mailed Dakota Digital asking their opinion on the gauge.

Thanks to both for your input.

Dale in Indy