68 70 72 Radio - 8Track wiring

Hi, My first post... just joined the Riviera group... gotta get on this one! I am thinking about adding a 68-72 buick under dash 8 track to a 65 riv. My questions is about the wiring on a 68-72 buick radio. My radio has a flat plug that goes into the rear of the radio and it has the separate fader knob and harness that piggy backs on the other wiring. How do the buick underdash 8 tracks wire into the other componenets??? Thanks for the help!<P>Sher..

There is a seperate wire harness for the tape player. It has several flat plugs like the one on your radio, and it plugs into the radio and tape player. First thing I would do is have the player checked out to see if <BR>it is working ok. Not too many work. I had one in my 70 and I used an adapter to play cassettes, good 8 tracks are getting scarce.<BR>A good radio service person would be able to make the harness. The way it works is when you insert a tape into player it automatically shuts off radio and when removed the radio comes back on. I think you must have a two speaker system , for tape to operate properly<P><BR>JIm Schilf / palbuick