I have '13 Leroi engine with an oil pump mounted to the side of the block. It actuated by a cam lobe. The lobe is not worn and the plunger has a fairly good fit, but it realy does not pump any oil to the main bearings which is its only roll. Is there a way to improve the performance of this type pump????

I have a '13 White that also uses a plunger type oil pump. The White pump is actually a dual plunger style, but is basically the same. Mine allows some adjustment of the pump stroke to vary the output. Just keep in mind that those pumps are very inefficient, and even when they are working properly, the output is measured in drips as opposed to an actual flow that you would be used to. Does yours move any oil? If so how much? Let me know what you think.

• 1 year later...

The 1907 - 1908 Fords used a McCord Mechanical Oiler which may or may not be similar to that. They were a square looking box/rectangle with a belt drive off the camshaft. With them, you adjusted the flow as listed below. I am trying to find a source of instruction for how to repair them or who makes parts or who can repair them. If anyone knows of information on that please let me know.

From the 1907 Ford Parts book and instruction manual -- oops -- I forgot that is a scanned document and not typed so I cannot paste it in here. If you would like a copy e-mailed to you, just let me know. What you probably want to know is "30 - 40 drops a minute when the engine is running at moderate speed, is about to the engine base (oil pan), and 2 to 3 drops per minute for the front bearing. Note, the goal was to add oil at about the same rate that the engine leaked it and burned it so that it wouldn't run dry or over fill. Hope that helps. And if you have any info on where we can get parts/repairs, please let me know. Thanks.

• 6 years later...

we have a 1914 to 1919 Denby Motor Truck with a Le Roi model C eng & we are trying to get more info to correctly date it. Do you know anything about them to hep us correctly date this eng & truck?