1940 Buick model 80 deluxe WW2 staff car

3.jpg

1940 Buick model 80 deluxe WW2 staff car. This is a clean original car with the original straight 8 motor. The car was used in the Movie "The Good German" with George Clooney. It has near new Denman tires all the way around. I had the carburetor and fuel / vacuum pump restored, new electronic ignition, new ignition wires. The brake system has been all gone thru. This is a nice driving car.

I have a clean pink slip in hand.

Location Costa Mesa, CA

Asking $16900 obo

(949)244-5337

23.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by rdukw (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You have a couple of very interesting cars for sale rdukw, surprised they are still available. Just curious could you tell the history of this car,  ie is it an actual WWII staff car, or about it's restoration.

And also have to ask, am I seeing  a 5 Ton troop carrier with turret and 50 cal. behind the touring car?

11.jpg

It's no secret how much I love that '40 Buick. At this price, I'm very, very tempted to buy it. It's obviously hard to sell, but think of the fun you'd have showing up for a CCCA CARavan with that thing. If it was shiny black, it would be worth twice as much. And you know what? You could make it shiny for less than $10,000 and probably make some money on it. I think that would be a mistake, but there it is.

I hate to sound like all the dreamers and wishers, but if it wasn't a $2000 transport fee away, I'd probably have to pull the trigger on it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MrEarl said:

You have a couple of very interesting cars for sale rdukw, surprised they are still available. Just curious could you tell the history of this car,  ie is it an actual WWII staff car, or about it's restoration.

And also have to ask, am I seeing  a 5 Ton troop carrier with turret and 50 cal. behind the touring car?

11.jpg

Un fortunately I don't know much history of the staff car other then what I have done with it. Yes that is a M923a2 5 ton with a ring mount and 50cal. I have several military vehicles in my collection.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

It's no secret how much I love that '40 Buick. At this price, I'm very, very tempted to buy it. It's obviously hard to sell, but think of the fun you'd have showing up for a CCCA CARavan with that thing. If it was shiny black, it would be worth twice as much. And you know what? You could make it shiny for less than $10,000 and probably make some money on it. I think that would be a mistake, but there it is.

I hate to sound like all the dreamers and wishers, but if it wasn't a $2000 transport fee away, I'd probably have to pull the trigger on it.

I thought about painting it at one point, but it would lose so much character it has now. It is great pulling in to car shows with lots of shinny cars and this is the one that gets attention.  Tonight is going to be the cars first parade. I'm looking forward to it, I have the car seat strapped in the back for my 2 year old daughter. Should be a nice drive up the coast to the parade route.

if your really interested, maybe you we can work on the price a little to help cover some of that transportation cost.

2 hours ago, SBRMD said:

Was the car painted olive drab on your watch?  If so, how was it done?  Is there good chrome underneath?

What color was it before being rendered military?

It was painted prior to me owning it. It appears that they did a decent job as all the jams and inside doors got sprayed as well. I can not vouch for the condition of the chrome underneath. As far as I can tell the original paint is what is under the hood and the firewall. Kind of a light green (not far off from the  OD)

Edited by rdukw (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...