Texas Road Warriors --- Allentown Assault

old-tank

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/4/2016 at 2:22 AM, Bill Stoneberg said:

Home about 4 PM Tuesday after and 11 hour day in the Texas heat. Left Memphis at 5 am trying to beat some of the heat. Did well till about noon and then we started cooking. 

Tried opening the windows through Dallas but it was not any better.  A/C ran fine until Monday afternoon, still getting cold air out at the vents, just not cooling the car.

Car ran fine all day but still have some crap in the gas. will have to drain the tank now that I am home.

Speedometer broke on Sunday, it reads 120 mph all the time and the Speedminder goes off when you are sitting still. Not to mention the grinding noises it makes. 

'Over all a good trip, Almost 4000 miles (3980) in our new (to us) 1960 Electra. Comfortable, easy car to drive.  Likes 68 MPH, but will cruise all day at 75 when you are in a hurry to get home. Eats lots of premium fuel, I would say 10 - 12 mpg but have not figured the total trip out yet.  

Had a great time at the meet, seeing a lot of people I only see once a year.

See you all again next year.

Below is the picture of my car at the Buick Dealer in Bristol VA. Nicer bunch of folks could not be found.

IMG_0843.jpg

Thought for a second this was a black and white, then saw the blue shirt. Cool shot

• Like 1

There and back and not a single Willie 55 Century shot. Not even of visiting famous Buick Gardens. Willie did you know your cell phone can also be used as a camera?

I bet his comeback will be "I drive my Buicks, I don't take pictures of them" ..... anybody want to bet.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2016 at 5:53 PM, old-tank said:

Note to National Meet committee:  stop having meets in July!  It is alway at least 2 days of hot driving to get out of Texas no matter how cool the meet location.  Early June?

Willie

I think they asked thoughts on that in the last survey. Maybe they should ask it again in a survey done in late July or August.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

There and back and not a single Willie 55 Century shot. Not even of visiting famous Buick Gardens. Willie did you know your cell phone can also be used as a camera?

I bet his comeback will be "I drive my Buicks, I don't take pictures of them" ..... anybody want to bet.

:D

• Like 1