new 1956 Super owner

ddiaz396

17 hours ago, old-tank said:

You are confused and you're confusing the rest of us.  The metering rods have no holes to clog up.  The low speed Jets might clog up but that's a completely separate item.

Sorry old-tank, you were right... I made a wrong description of the problem...the good thing is that after cleaning that hole the car works perfect! now the metering rods work with the throttle vacuum.

Edited by ddiaz396 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I am having problems with my Carter WCFB carb again. In order to start the car, I have to spray the carb with starter fluid...i need to crank it several times, when it starts it works fine. But if I try to start it after 3 or 4 hours, I need to use the fluid again!! It's like it doesn't get gas... I've already rebuilt the carburetor many times... any ideas?? Thanks.

Is the fuel boiling out of the float bowl?  After sitting but before cranking remove the air cleaner and look into the venturi as you stroke the throttle by hand.  Does the accelerator pump squirt any gas, or is it dry?  If dry, either there's a leak or the gas is boiling-off (i.e., evaporating) after shutdown.  I can actually hear the gas boiling inside the carburetor on my '38 after shutdown...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Again I disassembled the carburetor and I realized that the accelerator pump did not work...the check needle was stuck and did not let the gasoline pass (could it be that it is worn out??). Now it is working again. Tomorrow I'm going to put the carb back on the car and try it again.

• Like 1