Larry Schramm

WTB Rod or Engine for 1915 Buick

The rod for my 1915 truck broke on a tour last week and I need a new rod.  Does anyone have an extra one that I could buy.  Here is a picture of the rod and number from the parts book.  It is for the 3.75 bore engine which I think was used from 1914-1916 +-.  I would be interested in a piston if you had one also.

Please PM me if you can help. 

Thanks,

20160618_215359.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

I really don't know anything about the subject matter but have you tried calling Egge? Their catalog shows some Buick engine parts as early as 1917. I would think that if they can't provide what you need, they might be likely to be able to give you a recommendation on who might be able to help you on this search.

https://egge.com/info/contact/

Larry,

I just got done making a gear for a 1914, if you have the broken rod, I can replicate it, might be able to even fix the rod you have, depending on how bad it was damaged.  The gear I repaired for Eric Hill had 2 teeth missing out of it.  Up to you, I'll do what I can to get you back on the road. 

Larry,   Do you know what years or engines this is compatible with?  That would help the search. Part # 30242 is not in my Master Parts book.      Hugh

Edited by gr8success (see edit history)