Restore my buick electra 1969 :)

sebastienbuick

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dei said:

Looking good!

It is really coming along now.

I hope to get at my Limited this winter and get it to look like yours does.

Keep posting, it helps me to be motivated.

Thank you very much that's nice of you :)  .
Nothing is impossible, with motivation we get everything ;) 
I wish you good luck to see car and I would follow the progress of yours if you put pictures :) 
Thanks again and have a nice day :) 
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EmTee said:

I'm not surprised that you found a new washer pump pickup strainer.  They were used by GM for many years across all of the brands and models.  Those Italian horns look bella!  ;)

Yes looking I found several strainer for sale (in America, because here in France there is no sale ^^)
Thank you ;) , this horn was mounted in France at the passage to the mine in 1969 to be at the French standard.
So I do not have the original horn :( , but the family likes it so it's ok  :) 
When she arrived in France, there were modifications to make it French, and I would like to put it back to the original as it should be.
So I do not have the original seatbelt and the original exterior mirrors.
What mirror model was fitted to my Electra 69 ?
As well as belts ?

20 hours ago, Smartin said:

There are new ones available at most restoration parts suppliers now.  👍

Yes it's true, it's a good thing ! ;) 

Seat belts in 69 (and surrounding years) are corporate GM seat belts. A friend of mine has some from a 70 Buick 4 door that he told me he would give to you. They are brown in color. 

Here's  what the buckles look like.  The top row shows the end that bolts to the floor.  The bottom row shows what you see on the seats.

R171.jpeg.63c4a007fe4ff0728a8d8c1302938872.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EmTee said:

Thank you for the internet links ;) , but they are black and I need beige / brown belt as the seats.
I need belts like this picture

969593468_1969-buick-electra-225one-owner-carrare-color-combinationoriginal-car-6.jpg.f09d09f7b797af1ddefe46d24e05cbe01.jpg.11d28dabf59186c9725dfe2d3ba3e6bc.jpg

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

Seat belts in 69 (and surrounding years) are corporate GM seat belts. A friend of mine has some from a 70 Buick 4 door that he told me he would give to you. They are brown in color. 

Here's  what the buckles look like.  The top row shows the end that bolts to the floor.  The bottom row shows what you see on the seats.

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

Hello, your friend would have belts to sell me ? :) 
Thank you so much ! :) 

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Not to sell to you, but to give to you.  You would only need to pay for the shipping.  If you want for this to happen, let me know and  I will have him contact you directly.  He also belongs to this forum.  

Ed

Hello, thank you so much, a big thank you to your friend ! :) 
I want you to put me in touch with your friend :) 
Thanks again really :) 

4 hours ago, dei said:

You are a lucky man Sebastien!

Aren't Buick people great! :)

Indeed as you say, I have a lot of luck ! :) 
Yes people who have Buick are great ! ;) 
Already I was a very very great passionate about America, when I see the kindness of people, I want to live in America ! :) 

I talked to him and he asked me if you were in a big hurry,  The car with the seat belts is at his uncle's farm, a long ways from him.  He will not be able to get the seat belts for a couple of months.  If you can wait that long, he will get them for you.  If you need seat belts sooner, you will need to look some other places.

I will ask him to contact you directly through a personal message, not through the public forum.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

I talked to him and he asked me if you were in a big hurry,  The car with the seat belts is at his uncle's farm, a long ways from him.  He will not be able to get the seat belts for a couple of months.  If you can wait that long, he will get them for you.  If you need seat belts sooner, you will need to look some other places.

I will ask him to contact you directly through a personal message, not through the public forum.

Ed

Hello, no I'm in no hurry ;) , there is no problem I can wait  :) 
I thank your friend very much, it's very nice :) 
I wish you a very nice day :) 
Edited by sebastienbuick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bjfox1970 said:

Wow! nice work so far! Here is a pic of the belts. If this color will work you are welcome to them! It'll be a while until I can get them out. They aren't perfect, but should clean up.

IMG_1971 (002).jpg

Thank you ! :) 
Thank you very much for the belts, they are perfect :) 
You have exactly the same bench as mine, it's also an Electra ? :) 
Thanks again, have a nice day ;) 

We can see at this site old traces of glue an old sticker, it is above the sticker of GM parts recommendation.
Do you know what stickers are there? is this the location of the one I received "... exhaust emissions ..."?

SAM_4245.thumb.JPG.e7ed3b89929141c4a2cd877d8d55ffa5.JPG

Once cleaned, apply a plastic renovator, reassembling

SAM_4248.thumb.JPG.4d153a8ffcf526753c5fa55769c8605d.JPG

SAM_4249.thumb.JPG.d538e38439ca0f122c1901cb4c5b2de7.JPG
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Good evening everyone, Here is the continuation of the work since December has now :) 
But to start with, here are some gifts I received for Christmas :) 
The Starky and Hutch integral box set

SAM_4330.thumb.JPG.1f0633bc6d7f3419f57cc95732364af8.JPG

A beautiful Buick Watch :) 

SAM_4531.thumb.JPG.c164c47033a73f91e400047d3d2919db.JPG

And the owner's manual :) 

SAM_4532.thumb.JPG.c814108cf95145b948930672b92b165d.JPG
  • Like 3