found another 58 buick this one is odd

Guest saints

Guest saints

so i was driving to a job site and passed a 58 buick on a trailer in a yard. stopped and took a look and it was a special. but was fully loaded AC,PS,PB chrome dash panel leather interior and door panels. all the other goodies. why would anyone dress it up with every option and not just buy a roadmaster or century? It had stainless drip rails i mean every option buick could throw at it. well talked to the owner it was his dads and he didnt know much about it. he did say $1000 and it was mine. but the rockers were completely eaten up with rust and it looked like it set long enough the trans is probably dried out. Not to mention the trailer was to small and he creased the doors getting it on there. Im still thinking i may grab it to have parts and put the AC on my now daily driver buick(are the AC systems easy to rebuild and get back on the road?). was there such a gap in price that a fully loaded special was still cheaper than a roadmaster?

Guest saints

the interior had a whit almost ostrich look to it. white and black. it was a 4 door and i couldnt open the front doors to look at the tag and didnt look at the one under the hood tag. ill post a pic shortly. still odd that all those options are on a special 

I worked at the Chevy garage during my junior year in high school.  One of the Zone guys had a Chevy 210 2 dr post with the Del Rea? vinyl interior and every accessory Chevy made for the car including a continental kit.

It was bright red with black and white interior, whenever he was in town we cleaned the car.

I can see some one ordering a car that way.  A smaller car for a smaller person (lady?) who had the money to add all the options, but didn't want the performance of a Century.  Maybe a turn of the century house with a narrow drive and a small garage.

Guest saints

yea makes sense. just seems like a waste. would $1000 be fair for basically engine ps pb AC and trans for rebuild later on? some stainless is good enough to sell and i guess misc stuff. 

If you are going to swap AC, you are going to need the whole parts car, and don't let it go until the job is done.  You would be surprised at what parts are unique to an AC car...

A grand for a parts car - sounds complete - is not bad.