Want To Buy Soft Top

Hi Jay.

I bought MoparGary's '90 for the body parts I needed.  I haven't looked at the soft top, but I assume (given the rest of the car) that it's in good shape.  Let me know if you decide you're ok with having one shipped to you, and if so I'll make sure it's in good shape (it's at the body shop).

Thanks,

I haven't removed mine yet, but I think I see how it's done. It looks to me that it's basically just the 6 bolts on the brackets that go to the "floor" of the soft top storage well. It looks like it's a self-contained assembly, which is nice. I'll be removing the one from my parts car may this weekend.

You are correct about the 6 bolts and washers in each of those 6 positions. On the cars with the paddle hold downs at the rear sides of the hardtop you may need to remove those for access, been a long time since I've done that job. Mark where your brackets are mounted with a grease pencil outline so you can get the replacement hardtop in the same place.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jay, sorry for the long delay.  I was able to get the soft top removed and take some pictures.  It's in really good shape.  It's black inside and out, with no wear or tears that I saw.  It is a little dirty.  The glass also appears to be in good shape as well.  Pictures are attached.

20160711_162459_resized.jpg

20160711_162521_resized.jpg

20160711_162505.jpg

5 hours ago, joshio said:

Hi Jay, sorry for the long delay.  I was able to get the soft top removed and take some pictures.  It's in really good shape.  It's black inside and out, with no wear or tears that I saw.  It is a little dirty.  The glass also appears to be in good shape as well.  Pictures are attached.

20160711_162459_resized.jpg

20160711_162521_resized.jpg

20160711_162505.jpg

That's a lot nicer than I was expecting. Pm sent