briscoe carburetor types

I am looking for info on Carter carbs. that will fit a 1917 Briscoe model B424 4 cylinder car. I have a Carter N-O carb. Pat Mar 12-12 & Dec 5-16 will it fit my car? Or does anyone know what it fit? Does anyone know where I can purchase a needle and seat for this carb.? Briscoe used a Buick carb., Mayer-S carb., & a Carter L carb. Does anyone have these for sale ? Yours in vintage motoring, Scott

Scott I know wher there is an original 424 between 1917 and 1919 only the motor, rad, and steering axle plus the frame is left but the guy wants too much for what he has. I am going to another place to look at a motor and rad that someone had made in to an industrial power plant for sawing wood. It is supposed to be complete I will let you know. If all this fails I have a good collection of carbs I will look through. If you know of any door latch knobs for the same car or the proper rad and the construction of the floor plans I would appreciate any tips as a lot of mine was too far gone to get any pattern from. Thank you Evan

Evan, I will look for any extra door latch knobs for your Briscoe. If I can't find any I can send you a sketch of them and you could have a machinist make you some. The knobs are made of a bronze material and are nickle plated. I don't know of any radiators for sale. The question on the construction of the floor plans do you need the front to back sill measurements and the floor boards as well? Which body type do you have 1- first type back of front seat has metal skin with robe rail. 2- second type has wood panel inlaid in the metal with a light in it. Mine is the first type. Please e-mail me and I will see if I can be of any help to you. Please Note- Tom & Joyce E. did you receive my e-mail re- Briscoe?

• 3 weeks later...

Scott I sent you a email a week or so ago about the carter carbs that I have and to see if you could get me that sill measurement on the 424 if you have not recieved it please respond here and I will try your email again.<BR>Thank you tongue.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
Guest Larsgoran

Hi

My father in law have a Brisco 1919 completly original exept the caburator. Are there someone who knows where it may be found. I am from Sweden so I excuse me for the spelling.

/Lars-Goran

Hi

My father in law have a Brisco 1919 completly original exept the caburator. Are there someone who knows where it may be found. I am from Sweden so I excuse me for the spelling.

/Lars-Goran

You may want to start a whole new post on this. The post you are going from is 9 years old.

• 9 months later...

The Buick carburetor used by the Briscoe was zinc alloy. I have yet to see one that was useable due to cracks. If not a number-matching show car, you might consider an alternative aftermarket unit. My guess would be the Stromberg OF-1 (replacement for Ford model ) would probably be a decent choice for the Briscoe.

Jon.

Evan' date=' I will look for any extra door latch knobs for your Briscoe. If I can't find any I can send you a sketch of them and you could have a machinist make you some. The knobs are made of a bronze material and are nickle plated. I don't know of any radiators for sale. The question on the construction of the floor plans do you need the front to back sill measurements and the floor boards as well? Which body type do you have 1- first type back of front seat has metal skin with robe rail. 2- second type has wood panel inlaid in the metal with a light in it. Mine is the first type. Please e-mail me and I will see if I can be of any help to you. Please Note- Tom & Joyce E. did you receive my e-mail re- Briscoe?[/quote']

No, it appears that I did not get the email regarding the Briscoe. Please resend. Tom E.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a good chance I will need to sell my 1917 Briscoe 4-24 touring soon (at least prior to winter). I want it to go to a good home, to those who will take good care of her as she has been in our family for 45 years now. If you have an interest, email me (edfors@charter.net) for information and photos. Price yet to be set. I hate to have to sell it but it needs a new loving home. Tom

• 5 years later...

Hi (is that you Kevin) - My Brisco 4 24 has Meyer updraft carb don't know much about it but looks very small.

Not tried to start it yet - struggling with distributor.

Have got compression and Starter now turning.

Now playing with hood frame trying to increase head space over driver's head.

Need any instruments only got fuel gauge.

No linkage for Accelerator or Advance retard.

Located here in UK.

All best - RonPB