Sign in to follow this  
starfireelvis

2016 Grand National - Williamsport

Been off  line for the past couple years, feel lost with the new format.Wife past and took the steam out of me. I did get the senior grand with the chevelle, trying for senior with the Skylark.

• Like 2

Windjamer,

Welcome back, sorry for your lose. I know 36 is the high performance class, I wondered which 36 class he was referring to. I have a car in 36a going for Sr GN. Look forward to seeing everyone

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. car. LOL

3 hours ago, windjamer said:

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. car. LOL

Oops!!

robert

11 hours ago, windjamer said:

We are in the same class, it's 36a. I have a green 61 Pontiac going for a Sr. GN. Good luck

Eactly where is this meet being held-is it on the grounds of Penn Tech? Anyone have directions or a map-or an event listing?

Does anyone have an exact address for the AGNM to plug into a GPS? My GPS won't accept Maynard St. without a number.

I'll be trailering if that matters.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, 65GT350 said:

Try 150 Maynard St.

Dave

Got it, thanks.

impala

61 ss, just kidding about the 400, I do hope we both have min. 395. Good luck, see you there. 

On 5/27/2016 at 10:54 AM, windjamer said:

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. 

I think that going for Sr. GN is different,  the 5 points don't apply, we have to score a minimum of 390. But, good luck, I hope we both win.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

Correct, for a Senior GN Award you "just" need to score 390 points.

Question for anyone familiar with the Williamsport area, what is Rte. 15 like through Pa.? is it 4 lane? crossing mountains? I don't think I have ever been to this section of Pa.

Thanks in advance for your response

Hey Tommy,

I am pretty sure you are going to be going through the mountains, really no easy way (direct way) for you to get there. Just watch out for deer!

See you Saturday

1 hour ago, John348 said:

Hey Tommy,

I am pretty sure you are going to be going through the mountains, really no easy way (direct way) for you to get there. Just watch out for deer!

See you Saturday

Thanks John, kinda what I figured

3 hours ago, real61ss said:

Question for anyone familiar with the Williamsport area, what is Rte. 15 like through Pa.? is it 4 lane? crossing mountains? I don't think I have ever been to this section of Pa.

Thanks in advance for your response

Rt #15 from Harrisburg North follows the river and is flat, mix of divided and not, but not too congested except for a few miles South of Rt 80. If you are trailering I strongly recommend that you take Rt 80 East for one exit to Rt 180 North. Rt 15 North of 80 is mountains and lights. Rt 180 is newish, dead flat, 4 lane that goes directly to Maynard Street exit..................Bob

30 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

Rt #15 from Harrisburg North follows the river and is flat, mix of divided and not, but not too congested except for a few miles South of Rt 80. If you are trailering I strongly recommend that you take Rt 80 East for one exit to Rt 180 North. Rt 15 North of 80 is mountains and lights. Rt 180 is newish, dead flat, 4 lane that goes directly to Maynard Street exit..................Bob

Thanks, I will do that. What about Rte 15 south of 80? How is it? I'm coming from Richmond, Va, looking at the map there just doesn't look like a good way to get there. I was thinking of taking Rte 15 all the way from Warrenton, Va to Williamsport,  maybe not. The alternative route would I 81 to 80 then head west to 180 but it is much further.

2 hours ago, real61ss said:

Thanks, I will do that. What about Rte 15 south of 80? How is it? I'm coming from Richmond, Va, looking at the map there just doesn't look like a good way to get there. I was thinking of taking Rte 15 all the way from Warrenton, Va to Williamsport,  maybe not. The alternative route would I 81 to 80 then head west to 180 but it is much further.

If you have not already done so please read my post earlier in this thread Regarding the closure of a section of RT 15 in the Harrisburg area. Here is a link to the 11/15 Road Construction site:  Route 11/15 Road Construction.

Here is a link to the road project site that shows the detour route current travel times:  Route 11/15 Current Detour Travel times

This road closure means you will have to use the Detour Route onto U.S. 22/322 on the East side of the river. Because of this road closure and detour, U.S. 22/322 is handling TWICE the amount of traffic it normally would which can result in slowdowns especially during morning and evening rush hour in the Harrisburg area. If there is an accident on U.S. 22/322 the wait could be VERY LONG. You might consider an alternate route to avoid the closed area of RT 11/15 and the detour route of US 22/322.

Edited by charlier
update links in post (see edit history)

Twer it me I would do 95 to 17 to 81 to 15 to 80 to 180. I've done it dozens of times and it's the best route. The snake in the wood pile would be the 15 closure and detour to 322. It's only a few miles further but could be congested during AM and PM rush hour. As of right now (300PM) PADOT says it's a 15 minute additional travel time. Again, if it were me and I could hit the detour between 1000 and 1400 I"d chance it. There really is no other good route................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A bit hilly and twisty, a couple of small towns but easily doable. Mostly local traffic. Makes a decent Sunday drive route............Bob

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, real61ss said:

Thanks

If you get a chance stop by and let me know how you made out. I think you'll be fine if you avoid rush hour. I'll have my 56 Chrysler St. Regis. Black/red/white...............Bob

Safe travels everyone see you Saturday