2016 Grand National - Williamsport

I have registered my vehicle for the Grand National Meet in June in Williamsport, PA, and am very much looking forward to it.

I am a veteran of nearly a dozen Fall Hershey Meets, so I think I know the ropes pretty well, so to speak, but if there are any other considerations, things to keep in mind, or just any thoughts on how things may be different for a Grand National Meet, any comments would be of interest to me, and much appreciated.   

Thanks in advance, 

Mike

There is really no difference other than you will see a higher quality car since they all are at least Sr. vehicles. Remember that the 10 point rule is now reduced to 5 points so make sure you have all your details taken care. My advise is to remove those floor mats, license tags and anything else that did not come from the factory. If it isn't there they can't judge it. Good luck and enjoy the experience. 

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

Vis-à-vis the 10 vs 5 point rule. To receive a first place your car must score within 5 points of the highest scoring car above 380 (in your class). Depending on your class It's possible there will be a 400 point car in attendance. That means your car must score a 395 to be sure of a first. Detail and correct as much as possible...........Bob

• 3 weeks later...

For those traveling to the 2016 Grand National Meet in Williamsport, PA who are planning to use Routes 11/15 be advised of the following.

PENNDOT has announced that approximately a 1 mile section of Routes 11/15  from the I-81/U.S. 11-15 interchange to just south of Ridgeview Drive will be CLOSED beginning May 1st for approximately 3 MONTHS with a planned detour using U.S. 22/322.

More detailed information about this project can be found at Route 11/15 Road Project

Guest rwmerz

Anyone have a count on total number of cars registered for this Grand National

Thanks Rick

On May 2, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

587 as of this morning and counting!!!

WOW that's a lot of entries... The cream of the crop from all over the country:::very nice.

since the banquet is being held at a different location what would the protocol be to getting there after the show.. I wouldn't. Think the banquet hall would have enough parking for all the trucks  and trailers would they??? I did ask the host and could not get a straight answer of what to do.

any additional info would be helpful

thanks

8 hours ago, Mitch's auto srvc ctr said:

WOW that's a lot of entries... The cream of the crop from all over the country:::very nice.

since the banquet is being held at a different location what would the protocol be to getting there after the show.. I wouldn't. Think the banquet hall would have enough parking for all the trucks  and trailers would they??? I did ask the host and could not get a straight answer of what to do.

any additional info would be helpful

thanks

As you can see in the link below there are a number of parking lots in the area but all will require walking from them to the banquet. The big question is have the owners of these lots given their permission to the Susquehannock Region for parking in their lots. Some of these lots appear to belong to businesses and churches. Hopefully the Region will have this parking situation worked out and the information will be included in the registration packets when we arrive. 

It would be nice however if this question could be addressed beforehand.

Williamsport Scottish Rite Banquet Hall

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an email from the organizer I received today regarding getting to the banquet from the show field....apparently they have no plan as of now:o and no advice of what to do;;;;;;;

QUOTE"""

At this time we do not have transportation to the banquet
Please check when you register and ask. The rental of buses is so expensive but we are trying to work out a plan. QUOTE""''

Edited by Mitch's auto srvc ctr (see edit history)

Guest windjamer

Been off  line for the past couple years, feel lost with the new format.Wife past and took the steam out of me. I did get the senior grand with the chevelle, trying for senior with the Skylark.

Guest windjamer

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. car. LOL

11 hours ago, windjamer said:

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. car. LOL

We are in the same class, it's 36a. I have a green 61 Pontiac going for a Sr. GN. Good luck

Guest 5window

Eactly where is this meet being held-is it on the grounds of Penn Tech? Anyone have directions or a map-or an event listing?

Guest windjamer

61 ss, just kidding about the 400, I do hope we both have min. 395. Good luck, see you there. 

On 5/27/2016 at 10:54 AM, windjamer said:

61 ss, I don't remember what my sheet said ,I just know class 36. I have a 65 Buick Skylark, If your in my class I wish you the best, At the same time I hope your NOT a 400 pt. 

I think that going for Sr. GN is different,  the 5 points don't apply, we have to score a minimum of 390. But, good luck, I hope we both win.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)