1941 De Soto 2dr Sedan with Overdrive $995

In my experience, a lot of sellers don't always know much about what they are selling. Maybe more so than ever these days. Also, I think that a lot of younger guys don't understand what an o'drive is and, most importantly, recognize it's value. This seller didn't make mention of it, but you can clearly see the under dash knob, just peeking out from under the steering wheel, on the left side of the steering column, in the eighth picture. I suppose that there is always the possibility that the o'drive is missing, broken or disconnected and only the cable remains, but I'll leave the investigating up to any potential buyer. If you pursue it, let us know what the outcome is, if you don't mind.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Unlike the '41 Desoto coupe that I posted at the same time as this one, you can clearly tell that this is a Minnesota car. The sight of a power cord sticking out from under the hood was once a very familiar one around here. At the other end of that cord is undoubtedly a tank heater or a frost plug heater. We also had a lot of head bolt heaters, but I don't see one in the under hood picture. I do see, however, a whole bunch of heater hoses. I'm not going to take the time to try and figure them out, but It's possible that this car came with a wonderful feature for here in MN, an under seat heater. You folks in warmer parts of the country can't imagine what a blessing electronics and fuel injection has made for us. Simply put, everything starts every time. We never hear the sound of starting units on the back of pick up trucks anymore at all. On cold winter days thirty or forty years ago, they were everywhere.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)