34 Plymouth Pe Deluxe vent window question

blazin6969

Looking to swap out the front glass on 34 Plymouth Pe 4 door Sedan. I got the slide glass out easily, but my issue is that swing out window is there any trick in getting this out. The only thing im thinking is that little gear is pressed in and need to come out so the rod will release and then I should just have the glass and a bit of trim around it.

Also any recommendations for the rubber for the front 2 windows? I seen a few options just wanna know what you guys think

There actually is a pair of vent window rubbers on ebay right now.  A little pricey but think about how hard it is to make them.  These have been around for years, and I have had the set in my 34 PE sedan for 25 years and they still work/look great.  I think that is the best way to go.  Let me look at mine, I forget exactly how they came out, I know there are two screws that hold the pivot together at the bottom, top just pops out.

34PEventrubber.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My memory was correct for once:  Open the vent to 90 degrees and you should be able to see the two screws on the bottom of the frame at the pivot.  Take those out and then rotate the screw plate until it is parallel to the main frame.  You can then just push the bottom of the vent frame out and the top pivot will just drop out.