In Need of Long Screw

DrP

Need the long screw and clip nut that retains the headlight trim ring on 1963. PO apparently stripped the clip nut or broke (lost) the long screw. He replaced it with bailing wire through the hole and twisted. Don't have a bone yard near me. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by DrP (see edit history)

Hoped the title would get some attention and action... So, thank you Ed for taking time to find these.

My all original survivor '63 with less than 25K miles will be in its first car show tomorrow for a good cause; celebrating our Veterans Transition Center. About 150 cars are expected. Don't think there will be any "stock" Rivieras. The few I've seen in this area (Central CA Coast) are mostly customized/low riders. Talked to owners urging them to join ROA. Could've used a translator.. One guy said I should be careful where I park my car as they are easy to steal. Believe he knew what he was talking about.

4 hours ago, DrP said:

24,745 mi

Ooooohhh -- the next 255 miles will be difficult...  Kinda like the week before your 30th birthday.  That is, until you woke up on your birthday and realized that you're only one day older than you were the day before!   I'm in a similar situation with my '64 GP, which is about 150 miles shy of turning 50K...  In the end, I'm telling myself that it doesn't matter since, I intend to keep this car as long as I am able to drive and hope to add another 50K of my own enjoyment to the odometer!

• Like 1