Hail and Farewell!

ol' yeller

It is with mixed emotion that I report to you, my Reatta brothers, that I sold my '90 Roadster today. I am pleased that I sold it to a friend in the BCA local chapter that also happens to be my Hagerty agent.  I know he will give the car great care and keep it from the evil clutches of the wrecking yards. I have learned a lot over the years from you folks and I also tried to give back as much as I could. I still love hearing you talk about reprogramming the ECMs or other systems that control our Reattas and how you do that.  It is like listening to 2 French girls conversing.  I have no idea what they are saying but I could sit and listen all day.

This Reatta was my third one but I enjoyed it more than the other 2 combined.  I think it will probably be my last one.  My buddy has some business to attend to but he will be completing the deal in a few weeks hopefully.  I'll still hang around and contribute if I can but I wanted say "Thank You" to all the great folks here. Your mission is noble and you have great fun accomplishing it. Please keep the fire burning.

Greg

• Like 1

While I hate to lose a long time owner from "the club", I understand sometimes one is ready to move on. While I am certainly Reatta obsessed, and expect to be for a long time to come, maybe something else will strike my fancy down the road. Right now I can't imagine what that would be (there are other cars I'd love to own but all are well outside my budgetary ware withal) so I am satisfied with my Reatta collection.

These cars give me enough to keep me busy with troubleshooting and repairs which keeps my skills sharp. They also give me an outlet for my interest and skill in electronics. Anyway, best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope you'll check in from time to time.

• Like 1

Please stick you head in the door and say Hello from time to time.

There will always be new Reatta owners that need information, advise, and wisdom and as a former owner you can still help.

Good luck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KDirk said:

While I hate to lose a long time owner from "the club", I understand sometimes one is ready to move on. While I am certainly Reatta obsessed, and expect to be for a long time to come, maybe something else will strike my fancy down the road. Right now I can't imagine what that would be (there are other cars I'd love to own but all are well outside my budgetary ware withal) so I am satisfied with my Reatta collection.

These cars give me enough to keep me busy with troubleshooting and repairs which keeps my skills sharp. They also give me an outlet for my interest and skill in electronics. Anyway, best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope you'll check in from time to time.

IMO, better that he controlled fate selling his Reatta than just another old timer who kicks the bucket and we don't know what became of him/her (and the Reatta ends up in the salvage yard).

Take care Greg.

• Like 1

My other obsession (besides Grandkids) is camping in our RV. I have a 2008 Winnie Aspect 26A Class C.  We have been RVing for the last 13 years with a couple year hiatus when my heart attacked me and sidelined me for awhile. Now that I am feeling better and have reached a truce with my heart, we have started using our RV more and more. My next purchase will probably be something I can tow 4 down behind the RV. It will also have to be different and have a following on the interwebz like the Reattas.  I haven't decided what that will be but in the running now are Ranger 4X4s or maybe a Beetle convertible.  I am proud to be part of this group. I have paid for my admittance 3 times which shows that maybe I'm not as bright as I thought I was, LOL. 

I'll troll through here from time to time.  My car isn't going anywhere for at least the next few weeks so maybe something else will break and I'll have to ask you guys about it. NO, NO, NO, don't say that or even think it.