JohnD1956

2016 Forum Happy Hour: NEW: Evidence added 8/1/16

Sorry to say, not this year...AGAIN.

One thing after another prevents us from attending.

Not bad for a guy that was one of the organizers of the very first Forum Breakfast.

We cancelled our reservations a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great time.

Hey John, it is nice to be recognized.  I still remember our trip to Flint and the roadblock that slowed us, good thing for that new GPS.

3 hours ago, serb said:

Sorry to say, not this year...AGAIN.

One thing after another prevents us from attending.

Not bad for a guy that was one of the organizers of the very first Forum Breakfast.

We cancelled our reservations a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great time.

Don't like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, serb said:

Hey John, it is nice to be recognized.  I still remember our trip to Flint and the roadblock that slowed us, good thing for that new GPS.

Hey! if you are talking about me, that's not nice.  How was I to know I would have to make so many pit stops!  LOL...

Mike, hopefully I will get back in the groove before time passes me by.

• Like 1

I'm in! Just figured out today I had enough frequent flier miles to get there (with a whole 4 miles to spare)!

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley - no problem if you knew the right answer to their "are you with a group" question...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric W said:

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley -

Also feel free to join us in the parking lot after dinner.  As long as the weather is good I'm sure there will be lot's of folks out and about.

11 hours ago, Eric W said:

I'm in! Just figured out today I had enough frequent flier miles to get there (with a whole 4 miles to spare)!

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley - no problem if you knew the right answer to their "are you with a group" question...

Which is?

Ben

11 hours ago, First Born said:

Which is?

Ben

Well, it wasn't the circus housecat performing group, and it wasn't the water-dog dog-swimming competition, and it wasn't the knitting guild, the quilting bee, or flaming-handled knife-jugglers group... It wasn't the stamp collectors, baseball memorabilia collectors, or board-gamers convention... Not that there's anything wrong with all that...

• Like 4

counted 28 so far, with the possibility of 7 more if Derek's family and Roberta's friends come along.  Oops, forgot to count myself,  29 plus possible 7 more.  Now if we try, maybe we can convince Stevo and Mr. Earl to drive in for the day...

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, First Born said:

Which is?

Ben

Hey Ben, you fronting up?

If you are I should send some Vegemite seeing as how you wouldn't have a crack at it back in 2013!!

Actually, that same jar should be in Mr EARLs shed somewhere - would have a nice crust on it by now. I know Mr Earl didn't try it - RITA wouldn't let him and I believe she was quiet rude about what it looked like. But then you may be out of luck as it may well have been used to grease front wheel bearings of a '54.

Enjoy your get together.

gallery_31834_1_1431484915_34663.jpg

gallery_31834_1_1431484916_34666.jpg

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, 50jetback said:

Actually, that same jar should be in Mr EARLs shed somewhere - would have a nice crust on it by now. I know Mr Earl didn't try it - RITA wouldn't let him and I believe she was quiet rude about what it looked like. But then you may be out of luck as it may well have been used to grease front wheel bearings of a '54.

Enjoy your get together.

Actually Stuart that jar of Vegemite came in very useful. I was trying to load a junker '54 with locked up front wheels onto my trailer, put a thin layer of Vegemite in the wheel paths and couldn't keep the slack out of the winch cable once the wheels hit that stuff. I'll mix some brake fluid with it next time.

and yea gang, y'all do enjoy your get together, MrE won't be making it this year... again..........

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

and yea gang, y'all do enjoy your get together, MrE won't be making it this year... again..........

To quote others, DON'T like. 

• Like 2

I'll be there! I'll probably have a couple friends with me as well. Put me down for 3

• Like 1

It looks like we will be five. At least I get a designated driver or two out of it since the eldest child is 20. 

• Like 1

If we attend in one car though, we may be a bit late if the boys decide to take in the Hagerty Test Garage...should know in the next couple days. That program is listed as 1-4 Friday. 

"I was trying to load a junker '54 with locked up front wheels onto my trailer, put a thin layer of Vegemite in the wheel paths and couldn't keep the slack out of the winch cable once the wheels hit that stuff. I'll mix some brake fluid with it next time."

If there is any left after you coat the trailer skids and pack your front wheel bearings could probably try it for breaking in a new cam....sorry to hear you can't make it.

• Like 1

Thanks to Bill Stoneberg for the warning about road construction.

Because of the same, even though the manager of the restaurant thinks it may be all done by next week, it is recommended you take the Airport Road option for travel to the Hanoverville Road House Restaurant.  Hope this map opens, but if not, search your favorite map program maps for directions from 808 N. Fenwick to 5001 Hanoverville Road.

map to the Hanoverville Road House 

They may as well just shut the job down...image.jpeg

• Like 2