MY 1925 MILLER BUICK POWERED RACE CAR MODEL

smithbrother

Today I received from DAVES_BUICKS most of the Bugs actual measurements.  From these, for example, I now know that a 1/4th scale build will make the car 34-1/2" long.  The wheel height will be 8" including the tires.  He gathered lots of needed measurements, and to him I am most THANKFUL.  Thank You Dave.

While he was at the Sloan Museum he photographed the car from many angles, and Sloan provided some pictures to.  I am one LUCKY guy.

I now have enough to get (THE SHOW ON THE ROAD), so will begin posting pic's soon.

It will be RED, kind of breaks my heart, cause I'm a walnut and copper artist, but I will SURVIVE, hehe.

Hey Ben,  No visor, No scallops, this is killing me,  

This, like my last Buick inspired build, will require lots of THOUGHT PROCESS, but I just LOVE that part. 

My 1925 Buick Miller Indy car build is now on display in an art show, and I will know in two weeks how it was judged. 

Once I start the BUG build, I will start a new thread,  "BUICK 1910 BUG 1/4TH SCALE BUILD".

Dale in Indy

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 5/21/2016 at 6:26 AM, DAVES_BUICKS said:

Dale, here is another BUICK BUG.  It's a bronze sculpture.  I can't remember where I got the photo.  Looking forward to seeing the progress on your "BUG".  It should be pretty impressive in your large scale.

Dave

Buick Bug Sculpture.jpg

Anybody have anymore information on this wonderful piece.

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Anybody have anymore information on this wonderful piece.

The sculptor is Alexander Buchan.  He was a design sculptor for the GM studios for 40 years.  Easy enough to find , just Google "Buick bug in bronze" and you'll find his website-Welcome to Art in Bronze. Info about him as well as some of his other sculptures.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Dale holding the Bug in his arms....give you a good idea of its size.  We met in Frankfort Indiana and visited

Goodwin funeral home and their small car collection with some really nice cars.

He sent me the picture below that helps show the size of his model

bug 1.0.JPG

dale smith.jpg

DSCN0766.JPG

DSCN0767.JPG

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)