The Death of a 1931 Cadillac

I am a bit torn to see something like that cad coupe. I agree that if the car is complete enough to restore it shouldn't be rodded. If the car was a pile of sheet metal and not much else at least the car is back on the road. Imagine how hard it would be to find EVERYTHING else to restore the car. Frame, engine, wheels, all the trim and dodads. tack on a "Classic" title and those parts get extremely expensive given you can find them at all. You might as well sell your house to buy the parts and move into your garage. Now if some one drags home a pile of rusty sheet metal and builds it into a body on a homebuilt frame, I say go for it. The issue with the "reality" car shows is that they don't show the incredible amount of work that goes into any build. 100 hours of block sanding gets reduced to 30 a second clip. I think the armchair mechanics get all excited about some car they see on tv and buy a project. Then they proceed to take it all apart and get overwhelmed and never finish the project. then it ends up on the net. If people that are new to the hobby would buy a running and driving car and learn to enjoy it before they jump headfirst into a full blown restoration we would see a lot less basket case half done cars for sale. I think newbies need to start with a simple project too. its a lot easier to restore a 55 chevy or a model A than a 1930 Cadillac or a 54 Lincoln for example. It all boils down to its the owner's car and they can do with it what they want. The whole point is to have fun. if you aren't having fun you are restoring a car for the wrong reasons.

Amphicar if that is the case I guess I could see one of those vans before I see some of these creations standing the test of time.  I still think a lot of these cars in finished form, will  one day end up as white elephants.  Yes "it's mine, I will do what I want" etc. great, but why not save a ton of work and go buy a Zimmer or some other "neoclassic"?  

30 minutes ago, maniaque said:

TO YOUR ATTENTION
I no longer believed to loan money because all banks rejected my file; in fact I was stuck by my bank.
Seeking a loan, I came across a man Sabatie Mr Pascal, who granted me a home loan of $ 55,000
I talked to several friends who have also received loans. Especially me, I received my request for credit by bank transfer
after 24 hours and I'm quite satisfied. Its loan money starts from $ 10,000 to $ 25 million.
I post this because this man can help you to break a deadlock that you especially do not Favor of the banks;
Have you a project or need financing, you can write to him and explain your situation; it will help if he is convinced of your
honesty and if his lawyer validates your folder.
his email is: gfinance015@gmail.com

NOW it's dead...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sure stuffing a meaty V-8 in  Studebaker bring back dream of my teenager years.    Yes,  a 400 hp small block these days is easy from GM.  Back in college, 1970,my 400 hp  factory 390 power 1967  fastback Ford Mustang :that was animal. Sigerson  285 cam with 0.550 inch lift and headers. 

this what we did to car is the 60's and 70 it was the culture of America. to customize your car. I dream of removing the bumper on the 57 Ford sedan 6 cylinder,   and getting a chrome plated  pipe for bumper.