Source for Con Rod Bolts

itstom

Hi-

I'm having the engine from my '38 Special rebuilt.  The machine shop isn't too comfortable reusing the connecting rod bolts. The engine was poorly rebuilt before I got it, and I think the bolts were over torqued. Does anyone know where I might find a set?  So far I've tried (among others) Kantor, Northwestern Auto (in Michigan), Green Bay Parts World, and  Dave Tacheny.

Thanks,

Tom

ARP? It is a racing products company. The stuff is excellent but the catalog is worthless from an antique car point of view because it lists everything by current engine... you might have to call them with the dimensions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itstom said:

Hi-

I'm having the engine from my '38 Special rebuilt.  The machine shop isn't too comfortable reusing the connecting rod bolts. The engine was poorly rebuilt before I got it, and I think the bolts were over torqued. Does anyone know where I might find a set?  So far I've tried (among others) Kantor, Northwestern Auto (in Michigan), Green Bay Parts World, and  Dave Tacheny.

Thanks,

Tom

I have a set of ARP rod bolts #200-6004 that I never used.  16 bolts, 7/16 X 2.0 inch.  Still in the package.  If these are what you're after I'll sell them cheap.  List price is $100.

Peter