1932 Buick(s)

Brought two of these home today with the help of a BCA friend and his enclosed trailer; brought the other two home last month, all from an estate in Dallas, with enough parts to complete them, and then some (anyone need 1932 50-series parts?)! All four are the small 50-series cars; one is a cute model 56-S rumble seat coupe with wire wheels and dual side-mounts and original paint; one is a 4-dr. model 57-S which is a nine-year, every nut and bolt, total restoration and it's not finished yet, needing interior installation and new wiring hooked up, then it will be for sale to try to recover some of my $$$. Another 4-dr. is strictly a parts car with rust and very bad wood unless someone wants a real project; the third 4-door is a very solid older restoration.

Pete Phillips

Leonard, Texas

32 BUICK 56S-1.jpg

32 57 & 57-S Dersham.jpg

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

• Like 3

Wow Pete!  You're not gonna stop till you have at least one of each year made, are you?!?!?  :lol:

Still, this looks like another excellent find!  Congratulations!

• Like 3

Like that lil coupe, 'spect that will be the keeper though, eh? Congrats on the find. Any details to add as to why they were all in about the same stage of disassembly, reminds me of someone else I know, just different year. 

imagejpeg

• 2 months later...

I moved the little '32 rumble seat coupe into a more permanent building today, and despite the 98-degree heat, I gave it what I think is its first "bath" in probably 20 years, and then a wax & polish job. It still has its original black paint, and I was amazed at how well it polished up.  Engine work and then reassembly will be next. It's such a cute little thing! Model 56-S, with only 1,905 ever built. It came out of an estate in Dallas, Texas where the owner, sadly, was such a perfectionist that he never finished any of his cars. It was originally from Fort Lee, New Jersey, where its first owner held onto it until 1964.  I have the original engine for it, and the hood, bumpers, and side-mounted spares. Doors open and close like a bank vault. The wood is in excellent shape. Speedometer shows 61,000 miles which I suspect is original.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3457.JPG

• Like 8

• 3 years later...