BABCOCK Automobile? Watertown, NY

I found out doing some genealogy on the<BR>AYRES family that one married a Henry <BR>Holmes BABCOCK of Watertown, NY. I also <BR>found out there was a car. Can you tell<BR>me about it, or send me a photo as an email<BR>attachment? <P>I am not a *big* car enthusiast, but am <BR>really curious about this, I must admit!<P>Thanks,<BR>Vince Summers

The Babcock was an assembled automobile, by that I mean they bought parts from different suppliers and built the car. There is one 1910 that was here in town for years, there is one other out there somewhere. They were a mediun sized car, about the size of a Cadillac of the time.

• 3 months later...

Hi- there is a 1910 Babcock touring in a museum in Watertown, this car was professionally restored about 10 years ago. I know, because I did all the upholstery in the car!! There is another 1910 in Washington, DC, that is original and has been in the same hands for many, many years. It was a high quality car, close to if not equal to Cadillac and other comparable cars. Best- David Coco traco@shentel.net